Join Early Retirement Today

Has anyone signed up to be a member of Fidelity's Greenline Forum?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Has anyone signed up to be a member of Fidelity's Greenline Forum?

I have been invited to sign up for this by Fidelity. I won't go into the details but it is basically a feedback forum on improvements by Fidelity etc. If you are participating you already know about it and I would like to know if you like being a participant or not? Would you recommend this to others if invited? I am leaning toward joining in and just thought I might get some insight from other members of the forum.
Thanks
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
gone traveling

I did, almost a year ago.

I don't find it of much use, but that's only my opinion. Sign up and use it; if you don't like it, then just don't go back ...
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #3

Thanks Rescueme, that is what I was looking for. Fidelity needs volunteers to do their research and that may or may not be useful or fun.
I'll probably do as you suggest and sign up. Then I can choose to participate or not.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I signed up for it over the last year too. Didn't participate much, but then they were looking for people that used the bond ladder tool. I got a call back to do the survey, for 1 hour of time, they'll pay me $150. I'm happy!
Dimsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Administrator

I just got an invitation today to join, and did so. I was once asked to join a similar group with Schwab while I was still employed as they were the 401k custodians. I got various Amazon e-gift certificates for participating in some surveys.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Boy...they must of sent out a lot of invites. I got one as well. Maybe I'll look into it tomorrow. If it looks too much like w*rk....well.....
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

I, also, got one. Frankly, with the high pressure sales tactics the guy used on me when I met with him for 4 hours when I first arrived in Phoenix and was thinking of enlarging my account there, my inclination was to put the invitation in the floor and jump all over it. Unfortunately, that would ruin my computer but you get the idea. So, uh....no I will not be responding to it. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from them that I don't care what they are giving away even. Am I getting the idea across that I really don't like them at all?

Signed,

Not a fan of Fidelity
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #8

Could the "Greenline Forum" just be a sophisticated marketing ploy in some backhanded way ?

My cynical-bone is twitching here.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Could the "Greenline Forum" just be a sophisticated marketing ploy in some backhanded way ?

My cynical-bone is twitching here.
It may be, I'll report back if I think it is. (The equivalent Schwab group Forum I participated in a couple of years back didn't seem to be.)

Today was my first survey, which was all about the recent new user interface for Account positions and proposed upcoming changes to this interface.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It may be, I'll report back if I think it is. (The equivalent Schwab group Forum I participated in a couple of years back didn't seem to be.)

Today was my first survey, which was all about the recent new user interface for Account positions and proposed upcoming changes to this interface.
I was in a Schwab forum too. They didn't market but they did present product development ideas to e reviewed. It was fun.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
gone traveling

Quote:
Are you speaking of GPS (which hasen't worked in over a week?) ...

Last status update was that it was to be fixed by tomorrow...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Are you speaking of GPS (which hasen't worked in over a week?) ...

Last status update was that it was to be fixed by tomorrow...
Don't know what GPS stands for.

It is the portfolio positions page that they are considering updating again.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
gone traveling

Quote:
Don't know what GPS stands for.

It is the portfolio positions page that they are considering updating again.
I recreived that survey a couple of months ago. I wonder if they have different surveys for different folks.

I just checked, and I show a total of ten open/closed surveys that I've done in the past, dating back to August of 2011.

Here's the link to your personal GPS (Guided Portfolio Summary):
https://portfolioanalysis.fidelity.c..._at=summary_tb

You have to be logged on to your account to see the results.

It shows the same breakdown that is obtained by using FullView (to include non-FIDO accounts) and fed to RIP (Retirement Income Planner) to get the detailed breakdown of your AA.

It (along with RIP) stopped working about two weeks ago. I don't know if it is their problem or Yodlee (which is used to gather the external accounts and match to M* for the breakdown).
Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
Administrator

Quote:
Here's the link to your personal GPS (Guided Portfolio Summary):
https://portfolioanalysis.fidelity.c..._at=summary_tb

You have to be logged on to your account to see the results.

It shows the same breakdown that is obtained by using FullView (to include non-FIDO accounts) and fed to RIP (Retirement Income Planner) to get the detailed breakdown of your AA.

It (along with RIP) stopped working about two weeks ago. I don't know if it is their problem or Yodlee (which is used to gather the external accounts and match to M* for the breakdown).
Thanks. I'd not realized the Analysis tab was called Guided Portfolio Summary. It's not something I use.

I tried Fullview for a few weeks but the linked accounts didn't refresh automatically and took a long time to refresh when I clicked refresh, so I gave up using it. I have linked accounts at VG which refresh automatically every day, but the additional budgeting tools in Fullview seemed pretty good, however, in the end I decided that it was too much detail for me to mess with.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
gone traveling

Quote:
...in the end I decided that it was too much detail for me to mess with.
But perfect for anal follks, like me !

Just for snickers, I timed FV on the refresh cycle for our accounts (seven total, of which four are at VG as externals). It takes about 2.5 minutes, matching some 25 separate holdings to M* to get the proper breakdown for input to both GPS and RIP.

The other option would be to manually update RIP to show the non-FIDO breakdown (e.g. AA) for your accounts, which can change over time and is a pain to do manually - matching your specific account (and all holdings) against M*.

I've been harassing FIDO on the problem (going GA release without proper testing ) for a product that they have been working on for quite some time. Worked well with just RIP, but they screwed something up when extending it to GPS.

BTW, sorry to take the thread OT ...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
Administrator

Quote:
BTW, sorry to take the thread OT ...
No worries, this is good feedback for if I'm invited to do a survey on FV or RIP
Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #17

I appreciate all of the comments and will sign up too. If it doesn't look like fun or they are trying to sell me something then I'll just opt out.
So far, Fidelity has not pressured me into anything. I have been called a couple of times but I quickly expelled them as they "agreed with me" that I didn't need their help.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #18

[QUOTE=rescueme
It (along with RIP) stopped working about two weeks ago. I don't know if it is their problem or Yodlee (which is used to gather the external accounts and match to M* for the breakdown).[/QUOTE]

I find the Analysis tool a quick way to keep on top of allocation shifts. Unfortunately it quit working about a week ago. Chats with tech support indicate Fido is having some kind of issue with Vanguard feeds. The positions I have in TRoweP and Cap One all come through no problem. Oddest thing is that all the Vanguard stuff does still show up in the RIP.
Apparently they make patch changes on a monthly cycle so we may be without some of the Fido tools until April.
Nwsteve
nwsteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsteve View Post
Apparently they make patch changes on a monthly cycle so we may be without some of the Fido tools until April.
Nwsteve
Actually, I just checked and GPS is now working properly ...