Has Anyone Who Filed Federal with a Form 1116 Gotten a Refund?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I’m at 45 days and still waiting according to “Where’s My Refund?”, and I want to file a 1040X when the first refund clears. I put my refund towards 2022 estimated taxes so a bank deposit won’t be an indication…

Still waiting.. I've given up looking at the status. :)
I'd give up looking too, but I want to file my amended so it's cleared before Apr 2023...

Filed April 6th with a Form 1116 electronically using turbotax. Refund direct to account on April 25th.

Well they deposited my check for the balance 2 weeks after I sent it, they still haven't deposited the check for estimated 2022 sent out the next day.

CA cleared both in 3 days. Guess they need the dough more eh?

I’m now at 50 days, no refund. :(

Filed electronically on 2/19 and refund was deposited on 3/1. I used HRB software and it included a Form 1116.

Did you have the new 1116 Sched B or just a plain 1116? I have a hypothesis that the 1116 Sched B is holding things up. It's a new form and the IRS didn't define XML for it, so it isn't part of the normal e-file process. I wonder if they're holding up returns that have this particular schedule until a human can look at them.

Did you have the new 1116 Sched B or just a plain 1116? I have a hypothesis that the 1116 Sched B is holding things up. It's a new form and the IRS didn't define XML for it, so it isn't part of the normal e-file process. I wonder if they're holding up returns that have this particular schedule until a human can look at them.

Just a Plain-Jane 1116. I was thinking I had found something like that when the question came up earlier; thanks for pointing it out.

Mine was a Form 1116 Sched B eFiled using TurboTax. Thanks for your insight, makes sense since the form changed this year.

E-filed using H&R Block on Apr 14 (including Form 1116), received refund Apr 29.

Mine was a Form 1116 Sched B eFiled using TurboTax. Thanks for your insight, makes sense since the form changed this year.

I think you could go ahead and file your amended return now. Since the change is related to the same form that's likely holding up the original, you're just adding another return to that same queue. Also, they've already acknowledged receipt of the original return and you can see its status in your account, so if they did try to process the amendment out of order, their systems should flag it and hold the amended return until the original is finally processed.

I filed a return for a friend on April 7 with 1116 (but not Schedule B). She received a refund check yesterday.

I e-filed in the evening of 3/21 using TT and my refund was deposited on 3/24. I have an 1116, with the new 1116 Sch B, as well as other credits.

Still waiting after 64 days if Where’s My Refund is to be believed. I’d complain if it wasn’t completely pointless… :mad: I’ll probably send in my amended return, so the IRS can make my life difficult next year. It’ll have to be via snail mail since TT refuses to eFile my amended return. Lovely.

Still waiting!

Filed on March 14th.
Me too, I filed on Mar 13th. Kinda ridiculous. I got tired of waiting for confirmation, so I sent in my amended return about a month ago. So my records with the IRS are probably all screwed up. Not sure what I’ll do if it’s not cleared up before I file my return next year…

I e-filed with 2 forms 1116 end of May and received a refund into our bank about 3 weeks later.

OK, this is beyond ridiculous…:mad:

According to Where’s My Refund?

Still processing after 129 days, or 4 months, 7 days including the end date. I can only imagine where my amended return is…

I hear you. My return was sent on 2/18 and still nothing on the website. However it's no concern to me. The past few years I've applied any refund to the next years taxes when filing. Even with a 1040X. Always try to owe them. Never the other way around. Eventually it sorts itself out. That's how the billionaires do it.

I hear you. My return was sent on 2/18 and still nothing on the website. However it's no concern to me. The past few years I've applied any refund to the next years taxes when filing. Even with a 1040X. Always try to owe them. Never the other way around. Eventually it sorts itself out. That's how the billionaires do it.
I make sure I owe a small amount too. It would be nice to have confirmation though...

Due to my expat tax complexity, I had to file a paper return.

They owe me a lot of money.

Based on "where's my refund" I'm told it may take 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom