Join Early Retirement Today

Has onyone opened an account with EmigrantDirect y
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Has onyone opened an account with EmigrantDirect y

I opened an account, but haven't gotten the checkbook yet. I just wondered if anyone had gotten theirs yet?

I'm hesitant to roll a lot of money into this account until I know I can get it back out when I need it.
KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Has onyone opened an account with EmigrantDire
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #2

They are slow. I opened an account online but still can't log into their web site. I called them, and they said that I need to respond to a confirmation that they sent to me in the mail.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

I tried to open an account online. Their system wouldn't process it, so I emailed and requested assistance. The next day they emailed a pdf application form. I returned it by mail. That was maybe two weeks ago. Nothing back yet.
Bob_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I opened an account with them. It was a little slower than ING Directs due to the step receiving the snail mail letter from them and confirming the information.

They may be slower due to all the people opening accounts.

Once opened it works just like ING Direct. As a matter of fact, tranfering money in seems to be faster than ING Direct.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:18 PM   #5

Once I replied to the confirmation email, my deposit went through the next day. But I read on the website that you get a checkbook. It's must be too soon.

I'll send in another smaller deposit until I feel comfortable depositing my next years living expenses.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:45 PM   #6

Quote:
I opened an account, but haven't gotten the checkbook yet.
I opened my account over 2 weeks ago. I never saw any reference to a checkbook nor have I received one. I believe this a savings account similar to ING, no checks involved strictly ACH transfers.

I moved a chunk of money out of ING into them.

No worries mate.

MJ
Old 01-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I don't believe you get a checkbook. They keep their costs down by doing everything via the internet.
I'm moving my $ from lower paying accounts.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:53 PM   #8

I think you're right about the checkbook, I must have misread. I tried to sign on and do another deposit tonight, and it rejected my signon. Apparently they snail mail an account number, which I haven't received yet. So temporarily I'm locked out. They will hold the initial deposit for 10 days so I knew I couldn't access it, but I didn't think I couldn't do another deposit.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:21 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

A day after you complete the instructions from the snail mail letter you will be able to do a transfer. After that - no problems.