Has VTSAX paid all it's dividends for the year?

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For the 4th quarter I received about 1/2 of the amount my 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters dividend were. I don't see any good reason for this. S, I'm wondering if there will be some additional dividends added before 12-31-20?

My ratio of quarterly dividends for VTSAX this year were

24.54% 24.76% 23.47% 27.23%

Last year they were

26.70% 18.92% 24.22% 30.17%

So I'm showing VTSAX 4Q divs down slightly from last years 4Q, but not nearly as much as you are showing. I expected some cuts in dividends due to the pandemic and big drop earlier this year. Over the whole year I show divs down about 5%, but given the growth in VTSAX the yield drop is bigger.

I've never seen a second round of dividends in a quarter for VTSAX. Did you sell any shares?

I've had my 1099-DIV come up short in the year I switched my VG account to brokerage, but that's because I got a second 1099-DIV that year--separate 1099s for the two account types. But you're not talking 1099-DIVs because those obviously aren't out.

I received my full VTSAX Q4 distribution. VTSAX 2020 distributions were (per share):

Q1-$0.2965
Q2-$0.3389
Q3-$0.3259
Q4-$0.3781

So if you held the same number of shares all year, Q4 should have been your largest distribution.

OP, are you referring to amount of dollars distributed or number of shares purchased by reinvestment? If you're referring to how many share were purchased by an automatic reinvestment of the dividend, then yes, the number of shares might be smaller. The reinvestment price per share rose from $60.17 in Q1 to $93.66 in Q4. So, for the same amount of money, less shares would be purchased in a Q4 reinvestment.

My ratio of quarterly dividends for VTSAX this year were

24.54% 24.76% 23.47% 27.23%

Last year they were

26.70% 18.92% 24.22% 30.17%

So I'm showing VTSAX 4Q divs down slightly from last years 4Q, but not nearly as much as you are showing. I expected some cuts in dividends due to the pandemic and big drop earlier this year. Over the whole year I show divs down about 5%, but given the growth in VTSAX the yield drop is bigger.

I've never seen a second round of dividends in a quarter for VTSAX. Did you sell any shares?

I've had my 1099-DIV come up short in the year I switched my VG account to brokerage, but that's because I got a second 1099-DIV that year--separate 1099s for the two account types. But you're not talking 1099-DIVs because those obviously aren't out.

I don't think you mean your dividends were were around 25% per quarter.

I actually had $125k more in my taxable account at the end of the year than the beginning. I had one stock in that account that reduced it's dividend by $200, but even adding that back in, my dividends show a 40% reduction over 3rd Quarter. Still working to get to the bottom of it, I hate to call Vanguard to find I'm missing something obvious.

I don't think you mean your dividends were were around 25% per quarter.

I actually had $125k more in my taxable account at the end of the year than the beginning. I had one stock in that account that reduced it's dividend by $200, but even adding that back in, my dividends show a 40% reduction over 3rd Quarter. Still working to get to the bottom of it, I hate to call Vanguard to find I'm missing something obvious.

He is giving the ratio of the total year dividends that were paid out each quarter in %.

OK, I don't find where VTI has paid it's dividend yet.
I know, I didn't mention I also had VTI in my taxable account.
According to this page VTI doesn't pay until 12-30-20.
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/funds-and-etfs/vti/dividend-history

I think I have it figured out.
I also figured out the ratios, took my three looks though, two before my walk and one after. I just finished a 9 mile walk, maybe I have no energy left to skip over things, so I saw it this time! :)

Back
Top Bottom