Have a fund that Fidelity won't accept. Strategies?

Kelor

Recycles dryer sheets
I have a non-q Janus fund that my Fidelity account won't accept unless it was in a higher expense class share (.10 more).

My goal is to condense my statements. The way I see it, I have a few options.

1) I could transfer in kind at the existing mutual fund company to the other share class without tax consequence, and then make the acat over to Fidelity. It's not a small number, so the additional cost just to prevent one more piece of paper likely doesn't make much financial sense.

2) Liquidate and pay the tax. This would likely be in a 4 year tranche in order to minimize the tax consequence. Though that seems like a hassle, it would eventually eliminate another statement, slowly reduces some equity exposure, and satisfies an income need differently than original strategy.

3) Do a donor advised portfolio; get a very handsome tax deduction for 2019; have a decent account of which to pass on to charities for many years to come.

4) Do nothing.

Am I missing a strategy that would be easier?

I would do the conversion to the other share class so that I could transfer it in kind to Fidelity, then if I didn’t want to hold the fund long term, take my time divesting of it in whatever seems the most tax efficient way.

Back
Top Bottom