Have you reached a new $MM mark in the alst few years?

Passed a new $MM mark

• will or have in 2007

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Did in 2006

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Dif in 2005

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Did you pass a new $MM mark in the last 2 years or expect to do so in 2007? That would be 1, 2, 3, etc...

Our net worth passed the $1 million (CAD) mark in June 2006 and it's currently around $1.27 million (CAD).

I passed the billion mark at least 10 years ago!

Yep, passed that milestone and feared we would drop under ... but we never have. Now it will take a few Black Mondays to do that.

I did but then [-]my wife[/-] we decided to diversify some of it into a bigger house...although if you take it as net worth including the house, you bet!

Anyone who didnt make a bunch of money in the last couple of years should be wondering why...

I shall give my actual vote in about 15 years, when I break 1million ;) By then of course, 1million will be the new 100k, but I'll still be proud!

Broke the $1m and $2m barriers in 2005. The year started out just over $900K and would have ended around $1.2m, but then I had an inheritance. Currently pushing $2.5m.

Popped up over one of those milestones with the sale of a couple little houses a couple months ago. Gotta pile it on or April15 next year could dip us back under.

Re: Have you reached a new $MM mark in the last few years?

Dec 05 for DW and I was our first $MM mark. A bit over 1.3 to date hoping for some decent results in the balance of 07. If I can hit the next tick up - I will definitely change my FIRE status (if not before).

Man, I was just happy to pass $150k this year!

Let me pipe in with the customary question, "Is this investable assets only, or NW including home equity?"

Hit the first $MM in 2006. Thanks to LBYM, the best invention ever (compounding interest) and a robust economy, we're at 1.6 so far in 07.

Just reached my first Million few weeks ago. About 10 years earlier than planed.
The last 2-3 years were just too good to be true. All thanks to diverting my portfolio to very undervalued stocks.
I always thought I will celebrate this event, but it came so fast that I was not prepared for it (my net worth was only 600K at the beginning of the year)
Did anyone celebrate his first million? How?

Just reached my first Million few weeks ago.
Did anyone celebrate his first million? How?
I hit a $1M a couple of months ago. It's hard to celebrate -- I'm just barely there and even a mild downturn in the stock markets would drop me back down to 6 digits.

Coach

Passed $2M in 1999, retired in 2002, hoping to pass $3M in 2007 if second half is as good as 1H. Probably more likely in late 2008. Probably will celebrate with a month in a Tuscan Villa. Or maybe purchasing a sunbelt property.

hmmm - more than once - over in 2000, dipped with the market drop, up again , Katrina unreimbursed losses, three deaths in the household, back over in 2006 - 1.2 with Vanguard not counting junk - house, vehicles, timberland, patented gold mine and misc weird stuff.

heh heh heh - do count the Norwegian widow stocks.

Passed $2M in 1999, retired in 2002, hoping to pass $3M in 2007 if second half is as good as 1H. Probably more likely in late 2008. Probably will celebrate with a month in a Tuscan Villa. Or maybe purchasing a sunbelt property.
That'll certainly resolve the spousal "You can't spend it fast enough!!" challenge.

But how many times will we be passing the same financial goal over the next decade-- first on the way up and then dropping back down?

But how many times will we be passing the same financial goal over the next decade-- first on the way up and then dropping back down?

This is the kind of talk justifies below 4% swr!

Best way to avoid this scenario is to always keep it under 1MM.

I guess I passed my first $1M a couple of years ago, but I really don't know. Funds were too spread out (ok, completely disorganized) to really tell and I never counted my house or life insurance (but now I have a paid up policy for the rest of my life as part of my early reitement package !)

DW still has her own IRA and Roth (which I highly recommend!)

I want to see that extra comma on my Fidelity statement ! (I'm really already there, I just have to wait until next year to consolidate some other CDs)

We passed one last year, but after accounting for inflation, I'm not sure it's real. Would have to do the math. Still, to pass it while still spending a full-scale SWR is a testament to how good the economy has been in recent years. Long live the consuming and producing people of the world! Keeps markets strong so we can sit around and think deep thoughts... (Am I starting to sound like one of those annoying octogenarian Floridians?)

Last February when I checked my checking account balance at an ATM, I noticed that I was a multi-millionaire.

But it was in Vietnamese Dong...

Back
Top Bottom