Having House Cleaned by Friend

Y'know, when BbbamI asks that question with her leather boots sticking out of her avatar, then it's intriguing.

When you ask that question with Bugs Bunny snickering and asking "What's up, Doc?!?", then it's probably not the image that the "toy" manufacturer was hoping to inspire...
Um...read my post #23 again...I think you missed the "joke". :cool:

I see every indication that Nords did get it. I thought his post was spot on, or on the spot, or whatever >:D

Apparently Nords is something of an innocent.
Back in middle school our kid was going to do a science project that involved studying the behavior of our her bunny, and his response to various stimuli. She was going to call it "Rabbit Habits", but a quick Google search revealed that would be a whole 'nother type of research project into various stimuli responses...

I'm just sayin' that Bugs Bunny doesn't carry the same marketing caché for that category of product which perhaps this celebrity could offer:

Attachments

• Jessica Rabbit.jpg
    Jessica Rabbit.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 93
This is the image the post exchanges conjured in my mind.

316px-Green_Playboy_Bunny.jpg

Hmm... The reputation of the bunnies of course has to precede Hefner's selection of the icon for his enterprise.

Anyway, I cannot imagine a Bugs Bunny sex toy.

Oh wait! I know why! Bugs Bunny is a he!

Can I make amend and get back on the thread topic by saying that there might be house cleaning services that dress the workers in French maid outfit?

Like this...

112724_frenchmaid_big.jpg

I wish you all could hear me cracking up at these posts. :ROFLMAO:

Upon further review, it has been determined that Nords DID get my joke. :clap:

We are still waiting to hear from Al....

I don't know Nords personally, but to call him "innocent"? :rolleyes:

On the other hand, when I was younger, if I weren't married early, I would easily fall prey to cougars. I posted a music video in a "cougar" thread, and now cannot get that song out of my head.

Can I make amend and get back on the thread topic by saying that there might be house cleaning services that dress the workers in French maid outfit?

Like this...

112724_frenchmaid_big.jpg

I would pay money-a lot of it-to wipe this image from my mind.:(

We are still waiting to hear from Al....

This thread has become to hot to handle. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 inch pole.

Upon further review, it has been determined that Nords DID get my joke. :clap:
After all those years of sea duty?!?

Why, I've seen things in Olongapo that-- eh, never mind.

I'm not sure I'd want to touch a 10 inch pole...well, you'd have to blindfold me first...
I think the owners of the 10-inch poles would prefer that you not be able to examine their rulers anyway. Just take their word for it...

I think the owners of the 10-inch poles would prefer that you not be able to examine their rulers anyway. Just take their word for it...
Umm...hmmm...reminds me of how men measure snow...

My mother in law cleans our house once a week. We were looking at cleaners years ago when we were both working and the MIL volunteered to do the job for half what we were looking at. DW still won't let me leave the print out of her pay stub laying around when the MIL comes over, but I don't have any big complaints about the arrangement. I'm always here when she cleans, no problem. She's doing us a favor. But no sex toys to hide either.

Nords may be a submariner, but are they also sailors? :LOL:

This thread has become to hot to handle. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 inch pole.

I thought it would be OK, as long as you do not use someone else's pole. :angel:

Umm...hmmm...reminds me of how men measure snow...
Water temperature & depth, too.

Submarines don't spend much time on the surface, but when they do the bridge has to be manned by an OOD and a lookout. There are additional watchstanders down in the control room, but those two are stuck on the roof with nothing to do but avoid collisions. It's usually (hopefully) a very boring watch, which leads to drinking lots of coffee, which leads to the inevitable quest for someone to volunteer to relieve the OOD so that he can relieve his bladder. Hypothetically that's the job of the OOD who just had the watch, however it's not a very popular request to make at 2:30 AM. Submariners make paybacks a real bitch.

So you're not going to call anyone's attention to your problem. But it's dark out, nobody is around but the lookout, you're 25 feet above bazillions of gallons of water rushing by the hull, you're standing right at the edge of the bridge, there's mounting pressure to take care of the problem, and there's something wickedly fun about being able to surreptitiously violate international regs by discharging waste products overboard without a permit. From the leeward side, anyway.

So one dark night I made the inevitable midwatch joke to the lookout: "Wow, the ocean's pretty cold tonight!"

A few minutes later it was his turn, followed by a "Darn-I-wish-I'd-thought-of-that" comment: "Deep, too!"

Nords may be a submariner, but are they also sailors? :LOL:
I wouldn't confuse the two terms. I still remember how to execute a jibe but I haven't sailed anything in years. IMHO submariners just don't get enough experience with rocking & rolling to be considered sailors.

30 years ago a submarine* in the middle of a ballistic-missile patrol suffered a casualty requiring it to stay shallower than 100 feet. In the North Atlantic. In winter. They let the chain of command know about their problem and privately indicated that they'd prefer to [-]slink back home[/-] expeditiously return to port for repairs. The commodore said that no one was easily available to take their duty and the CO [-]whined[/-] pointed out that the ship was taking 25-30 degree rolls, reducing crew readiness & morale. The commodore reminded the CO that destroyer crews had to deal with heavy seas all the time, which had the desired effect of stopping the high-pitched whine. Steel hulls & iron men.

83 days later the sub returned to port in horrible shape. Even the sail plates were beaten in by wave action. But that crew walked ashore with a real [-]stagger[/-] swagger and kept the legend growing for years-- much to the amusement of the Navy's real destroyer sailors.

The motion issue isn't so bad on a surface ship where you can often find an external visual reference to reconcile your inner ear with your eyeballs, but on a sub you just have to suffer. Or go a couple hundred feet deeper...

Gosh I miss sea duty. NOT.

* For Gumby & M_Paquette: USS TECUMSEH. Lost the buoy. Lost all floating wires. BRA-9 & BRA-16 only. Still managed to maintain 100% communications coverage.

The motion issue isn't so bad on a surface ship where you can often find an external visual reference to reconcile your inner ear with your eyeballs, but on a sub you just have to suffer. Or go a couple hundred feet deeper.

Oh, just go to one of the lower level machinery spaces. Sit down on the centerline, facing fore or aft. Try to ignore the bilge water as it swings past your head, sloshing through the frames. Back and forth... Back and forth... Take a deep breath of that air. Smell the amine and the hot machine oil?

That'll fix ya right up. :greetings10:

Unfortunately, you won't be able to hire a friend to help you clean up...

Oh, just go to one of the lower level machinery spaces. Sit down on the centerline, facing fore or aft. Try to ignore the bilge water as it swings past your head, sloshing through the frames. Back and forth... Back and forth... Take a deep breath of that air. Smell the amine and the hot machine oil?
That'll fix ya right up. :greetings10:
Unfortunately, you won't be able to hire a friend to help you clean up...
The best incentive for qualifying OOD was... midwatch EOOW...

You'll be happy to know that when we toured the USS TEXAS, one of the Navy's newest submarines barely out of builder's trials, the first smell that wafted up the hatch was good ol' amine. Worse than an acid flashback.

So you're not going to call anyone's attention to your problem. But it's dark out, nobody is around but the lookout, you're 25 feet above bazillions of gallons of water rushing by the hull, you're standing right at the edge of the bridge, there's mounting pressure to take care of the problem, and there's something wickedly fun about being able to surreptitiously violate international regs by discharging waste products overboard without a permit. From the leeward side, anyway.

So one dark night I made the inevitable midwatch joke to the lookout: "Wow, the ocean's pretty cold tonight!"

A few minutes later it was his turn, followed by a "Darn-I-wish-I'd-thought-of-that" comment: "Deep, too!"

So how are woman submariners going to be able to take the ocean temperature, much less measure the depth while on duty?. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom