Help..three questions

ducky911

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi, i am at schwab now and have been thinking of moving to vangaurd so i could get admiral shares.

1. Vangaurd total stock market for example: regular expenses .18 admiral .07 nice but vangaurd etf is also .07. And schwab etf is .06. So is vangaurd admiral better than vangaurd etf for long time frame.

2. When looking at the performence of these they have before and after taxes.
Whose taxes are they talking about as i might be in a tax free account?

3. Took me to long to type above forgot number three.

1) I don't think you'd need to move from Schwab...you can still buy the Vanguard ETF, if that's the one you want.
2) It's talking about how much in dividends are thrown off. Ignore that if you're in a Roth.
3) The mind is the second thing to go. I forgot what the first thing was.

1. The etf is fine.
2. The before and after tax comparisons are estimates of your tax. If tax free or deferred, just look at the before tax numbers.
3. yes

I have bought plenty of Vanguard ETFs through Schwab. Lately for trading purposes I have been using the equivalent Schwab ETF. Although for me the jury is still out if Schwab ETFs will outperform the Vanguard admiral funds/ETFs. So I am continuing to hold my Vanguard ETFs despite the marginally higher expense ratio.

It is important to understand they are are taking about pretty small numbers here on a $100K investment one basis point difference in expense ratio is only $10. Hardly worth the trouble to switch providers IMO.

Back
Top Bottom