Help with rolling roth from ameriprise to vanguard?

dooo42

Recycles dryer sheets
Do i need to contact ameriprise at all during the rollover process or will vanguard take care of it all? Do i call ameriprise and tell them i would like to close my accounts? i really don' t know how it work so i could use a little help?

Do i need to contact ameriprise at all during the rollover process or will vanguard take care of it all? Do i call ameriprise and tell them i would like to close my accounts? i really don' t know how it work so i could use a little help?

I don't know all the details, but start with Vanguard.

When I did a rollover I only talked to Vanguard, which was getting my rollover IRA. The other broker did call me. I missed the call and never called back.

Already been said, but it is best to work with the broker that will be receiving the accounts. Just call Vanguard and they should lead you through it. They will likely make the process as easy as possible for you.

Yup, call the people receiving the money. They are experienced and—more importantly—motivated. They'll point you to the right forms to sign to make it as quick and painless as possible (for them, and as a result, you).

Ameriprise will probably take a pound of flesh as you exit. If you want to know the damages in advance, you'll probably have to ask them. Otherwise, hold your nose and let Vanguard to the dirty work.

Back
Top Bottom