Here comes the recovery...

Nah, I don't believe that's all you did Ziggy! That little ole wimpy pledge isn't jinx enough to turn the market up. I think you secretly put on a little short position this morning.

Come on, 'fess up! :LOL:

Thanks Ziggy! I really appreciate your effort.

Congratulations, Unclemick. Enjoy those twins!!!!

Thanks Ziggy! I really appreciate your effort.

Congratulations, Unclemick. Enjoy those twins!!!!

Be in New Orleans Friday. We're counting on Ziggy to keep up the good work.

Gonna try and detatch - leaving Mr Market in good hands for a while - you can do it Zig - I got's faith in ya!

heh heh heh - :flowers:

The Ziggy rally was pretty shortlived. Comeon Zig. Do something like short the market or sell out all of your equities. We need the boost.

I'm still continuing to put my money into the S&P index funds in my 401k and SERP and I'm feeling more and more like a dumbsh*t.

Off the heels of my prescient USO play last year:

I, ziggy29, growing increasingly intolerant of feeling like he's throwing good money after bad in the name of "buying low" only to see things go lower, solemnly swear to NOT buy any more stocks or stock mutual funds with remaining 401K or IRA contributions to be made for the rest of 2009.

HEREBY entered into on this date, February 23, 2009, when the Dow is at 7228 and the S&P 500 at 754.
I'll be the independent data reporter for ya ;), so as to keep the process clean and without bias.
source: Indexes, Barometer and Sector Delta
Morningstar reports, on March 17, 2009, 4 PM...
Dow 7396
S&P500 778
Every one of those 9 style boxes is a bright Irish green.
Happy St Pat's Day! :flowers:

I'm looking over a four leaf clover
that I overlooked before
The first leaf is sunshine
The second is rain
The third is for roses that grow in the lane
<take it away folks>

I'm looking over a four leaf clover
that I overlooked before
The first leaf is sunshine
The second is rain
The third is for roses that grow in the lane
<take it away folks>

Now there's no need explaining
The one remaining
It's somebody I adore
I'm looking over
A four leaf clover
That I overlooked before!

:)

Off the heels of my prescient USO play last year:

I, ziggy29, growing increasingly intolerant of feeling like he's throwing good money after bad in the name of "buying low" only to see things go lower, solemnly swear to NOT buy any more stocks or stock mutual funds with remaining 401K or IRA contributions to be made for the rest of 2009.

HEREBY entered into on this date, February 23, 2009, when the Dow is at 7228 and the S&P 500 at 754.

A most magnificent march. :dance:

I want to extend to ziggy my most heartfelt gratitude and sincere appreciation for his great and noble sacrifice.:clap::clap::clap:

To paraphrase Geroge M Cohan, my mother thanks you, my kids thank you, most of my brothers and sisters thank you, and my closest friend thanks you.

You’ve done your good deed and are released from your vow of financial chastity. Next time we get together I'm buying the first round :flowers:

Now, be a good dog and let us know the next time you have similar thoughts.

And everybody remember, the year ain’t over - but it is looking better.(maybe like a prospect at a singles bar after a couple of beers...)

ziggy29 - Please don't buy stocks ever again! :flowers:
Y'know, Audrey, this is making me think I need to get into the newsletter business. For $199 a year, you can observe what I'm doing and do the opposite.

If it keeps working, I'll have enough subscribers that I don't ever need to worry about the market or making an honest buck again. ;)

^Financial newsletter is definitely a lucrative business to be in. It doe not require extensive capital.

Back
Top Bottom