Here we go again, The haves and the have nots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is how it starts, The 1 % and what they make. Then they do the math and tell you they (1%) make 40 times more than you do. Reminds me of the article I commented on 2 weeks ago that said the top 20 % of the people were the enemy(just about everyone in here). This will whip up the flames of discord. What the Richest 1 Percent Earns in Every State. I m surprised they didnt show a few starving children lying in the streets with a guy exiting his Rolls Royce, stepping on their necks. Maybe thats the follow up article. Then the real follow up will be the guy leaving his 14 year old Hyundai with duct tape on the bumper, as he goes to the supermarket with his save 50 cent coffee coupon. The evil member of the top 20 percent (me). Here is a re post of that beauty concerning the top 20 % http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-hoarding-of-the-american-dream/ar-BBCKMQq?li=BBnb7Kz.

Last edited:
Forget the topic they're writing about...just go to click through the slides. Really beautiful photography they selected...one for each state.

Forget the topic they're writing about...just go to click through the slides. Really beautiful photography they selected...one for each state.

:LOL: That's a response only a seasoned early retiree could have come up with! ;:cool:

I agree on the photography!

Gorgeous photos. Not sure why the article is presented as political. Now it has gotten more clicks so MSN must be happy!

Spoiler alert: Connecticut is first, but Wyoming is second in average income of the top one percent. Interesting.

Last edited:
Gorgeous photos. Not sure why the article is presented as political. Now it has gotten more clicks so MSN must be happy!

Spoiler alert: Connecticut is first, but Wyoming is second in average income of the top one percent. Interesting.

Wyoming as second: Data was probably collected while ore and energy prices were high.

Been through Wyoming five or six times in the last few years. Pockets of beauty with miles of nothing in between. Any of our members live there? I'd have a few questions (why does everyone live on the plains, nobody in the mountains....l things like that.)

Did you not start a similar thread a few weeks ago that ended up being porkified?

Tongan chic

And another thing: How come nobody ever writes songs about the plight of the financially secure?

Oh, sure, you can find plenty of music written about the bottom tier of society. From Robert Johnson to John Mellencamp, there's no end of tunes about the Struggling Class barely scraping by, loading their sixteen tons.

But it's not just unfair, it's crazy! Why write songs about poor people? They can't afford to buy the albums!

It's time that society faced down this obvious prejudice against the well-to-do. I'll do my part. I'm gonna go buy me a new Stratocaster and compose a ballad for ER: "The suburban millionaire blues".

Fight the Power, comrades!

This just in:

Dead Horse Beaten Once Again

Mods - it appears you have another one on your hands.

I never figured to have the most money of everyone nor the least. So I know there are and would be loads of people who make more then me. Hence I'm not inclined to care about the 1%.

I am also not inclined to think the rich are evil... to some many on this blog would be considered 'living high on the hog'.

And another thing: How come nobody ever writes songs about the plight of the financially secure?

Oh, sure, you can find plenty of music written about the bottom tier of society. From Robert Johnson to John Mellencamp, there's no end of tunes about the Struggling Class barely scraping by, loading their sixteen tons.

But it's not just unfair, it's crazy! Why write songs about poor people? They can't afford to buy the albums!

It's time that society faced down this obvious prejudice against the well-to-do. I'll do my part. I'm gonna go buy me a new Stratocaster and compose a ballad for ER: "The suburban millionaire blues".

Fight the Power, comrades!

For maximum cred, make it a custom-shop Strat...

Contest: Report how many states you guess

1. Go to the link in the OP with a pencil and paper.
  2. Look ONLY at the picture for a second and guess a state.
  3. Shift eyes down and read the state.
  4. Give yourself 1 point for a correct guess.

It's a little like US state trivia, and a little like playing cards, since you need to remember which states have been seen already.

I only thought of this game after I clicked through about 15 or 20, so I can't give myself a "fresh" score, but I'm going to look at the pictures again and get a score.

I'm not practiced at gin rummy and card games requiring recalling cards played, so I don't expect a high score, even though I have the second pass advantage.

EDIT: I got 23. That included a few from the first 15 or 20 that I simply remembered. But there are quite a few obvious ones.

Last edited:
It reminds me of the ETrade commercial, first class reality. They drew the curtain on him after a Frank Sinatra song, fly me to the moon.
Basically keep dreaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom