high anxiety

palomalou

Recycles dryer sheets
This latest big market "Wheee!" has me nervous. Our monthly 401K contributions are still going in, but we have some longer term very safe stuff maturing now/soon and I can't help wondering whether we should wait for a correction to invest it in stock funds.
Except I think that is the dreaded "market timing." :(

I have "some cash" waiting for such an opportunity. It doesn't bother me if it is called market timing. I still like to buy low and sell high.:LOL:

Wait a bit. Determine your entry point, and then only invest a portion. Take your time and avoid buying into stock funds all at one time.

Do you have a long-term AA (asset allocation) strategy? If so perhaps you should dollar-cost ave your future investment purchases consistent with that AA. Most do not consider such portfolio re-balancing to be "market timing".

I have "some cash" waiting for such an opportunity. It doesn't bother me if it is called market timing. I still like to buy low and sell high.:LOL:

The cost of waiting is far higher today than when MM funds were making 2-3%...........:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom