High-Net Worth Investors Not Keen on Index Funds

Hmmm:

1. I'm with Bogle - you get what you don't pay for.

2. I don't ask my doctor(HNW) for investment advice.

3. I suffer from the white coat syndrome - so sometimes I ask my doctor what he invests in - it usually gets me laughing so hard it lowers my bp 20 points or so.

heh heh heh - I get itchy if I don't post once in a while. :rolleyes:. In a lot of cases - hiring an investment advisor is a lot like joining the country club, having a status luxury car or McMansion - they believe that is what they are supposed to do.

Last edited:
3. I suffer from the white coat syndrome - so sometimes I ask my doctor what he invests in - it usually gets me laughing so hard it lowers my bp 20 points or so.

:2funny: Thats happened to me a few times too. Last one harumphed when I told him where I was invested... "MUTUAL FUNDS?!? Harumph". Then he told me that most of his money was in b33ver ch33se. No...really.

they're not going to read a book and start moving $5 million around..........;)
Some most definitely will. Taking a look at how much a 1% cut of $5M is and it's easy to get motivated to read a couple of books and study a couple of websites.

Audrey

Some most definitely will. Taking a look at how much a 1% cut of $5M is and it's easy to get motivated to read a couple of books and study a couple of websites.

Audrey

Find me an advisor charging 1% on a $5M relationship and I will show you my new personal hero.

Those accounts solicit much more price competition.

Wm Bernstein wrote that richer people had much greater opportunities to lose money since the variety of poor investments were broader and more sophisticated.

Find me an advisor charging 1% on a $5M relationship and I will show you my new personal hero.

Those accounts solicit much more price competition.

:D:D

Most $5 million accounts are competed on for a 30-50bp a year level........;)

Audrey

Outside of the millionaires on this board, doubtful. Most people on this board won't even CONSIDER DFA unless they could get it for under 10bp +ER with an advisor at their beck and call..............:D

Back
Top Bottom