Votes: 6 3.8%
  • $20K to $25K

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • $25K to $30K

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • $30K +

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
I believe you are describing Sammy's in Mendham Township, Morris County, New Jersey. Don't forget about the pinball machines in the basement also.

You are absolutely correct . I googled it and was surprised that it is still there . The basement bar is now a speakeasy & the tables are covered plus they added curtains . The price also seems more in line than it was years ago .I was there around Christmas early 80's and they had a blow up plastic Santa for decoration.It certainly looks more classy now .I miss Chester and Mendham especially in the fall.

You really do "get it"! Some of us who don't buy good seats at the Symphony, fancy meals, or hotel week-ends of any kind (nice or not), are perfectly happy. .....But, a $39.95 video game that I bought back in 2012 has provided me with almost 3,000 hours of delight and fun. It's all in knowing what you like, and looking for less expensive ways to have fun. Actually the search for cheap fun can be fun in itself.

I'm going to the symphony this week but it is a free one at U.C. Berkeley. We'll be dining at one of Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto's finest 4 star Yelp reviewed restaurants afterward, with a coupon, of course. :)

You really do "get it"! Some of us who don't buy good seats at the Symphony, fancy meals, or hotel week-ends of any kind (nice or not), are perfectly happy.

Instead of physically going to the symphony, one can listen to the best of performances at home right in one's living room and even pause it as desired to go to the rest room or get a snack.

Fancy meals don't necessarily have any better food than moderately priced meals, but instead sometimes seem to focus on posh surroundings and obsequious wait staff, all of which can be boring at times.

And you can probably guess that I'm not personally all that interested in hotel weekends when I can sleep happily here at home in my own bed.

But, a $39.95 video game that I bought back in 2012 has provided me with almost 3,000 hours of delight and fun. It's all in knowing what you like, and looking for less expensive ways to have fun. Actually the search for cheap fun can be fun in itself.
I'm going to the symphony this week but it is a free one at U.C. Berkeley. We'll be dining at one of Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto's finest 4 star Yelp reviewed restaurants afterward, with a coupon, of course. :)

Well see? When you know what you like, it's not hard at all to spend less on entertainment and discretionary stuff. And even better examples than mine.

Back
Top Bottom