Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #141
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It took a day to update. I see the dollar amount now.
F.I.R.E User is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #142

Time to sell all my AF’s and buy FZROX. Should I buy in lumpsum?
Old 06-11-2021, 11:24 AM   #143

Why is the price of FZROX vs FSKAX way different?
Old 06-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I.R.E User View Post
Why is the price of FZROX vs FSKAX way different?
The price per share is not really relevant to anything. You could own 100 shares at $40/share of one fund, or 400 shares at $10/share of another fund, and still be in the same financial position.

But, to answer your question more directly, it is probably because FSKAX is 10 years older, and has had more time for its NAV to increase.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
The price per share is not really relevant to anything. You could own 100 shares at $40/share of one fund, or 400 shares at $10/share of another fund, and still be in the same financial position.

But, to answer your question more directly, it is probably because FSKAX is 10 years older, and has had more time for its NAV to increase.
Oh ok.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:13 PM   #146

8 different MF from EJ was transferred to Fidelity in my Roth IRA. Do I have to select all shares for each fund and sell or can I do it all at once? Once it sells, does it all become cash?
Old 06-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #147
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Call Fidelity to find out. WADR, this Chinese water torture of elementary questions is becoming a bit annoying.

You can sell whatever you want and it becomes cash (aka settlement account)... what did you think it would become?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Call Fidelity to find out. WADR, this Chinese water torture of elementary questions is becoming a bit annoying.

You can sell whatever you want and it becomes cash (aka settlement account)... what did you think it would become?
I just did and the rep said that I would have to do 8 different transactions to sell all the shares in all my AF which is 8. Then, it will go into my money market account as cash. Then, I can buy FZROX. I wanted to be sure I was going to do it correctly and also to avoid taxes/fees, etc.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:34 PM   #149

Looks like my funds will settle tomorrow as cash around $142k. I am looking to going all in on FZROX in my Roth IRA at Fidelity. Thoughts? I was told not to buy in increments.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #150

I used the Fidelity mobile app to go all on on FZROX at $142k just now. I was nervous. Hope I made the right move. The cash was settled in my Roth IRA money market account.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:48 PM   #151
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I used the Fidelity mobile app to go all on on FZROX at $142k just now. I was nervous. Hope I made the right move. The cash was settled in my Roth IRA money market account.
well done
Old 06-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
well done
If I did it in increments then I would be leaving my gains right?
Old 06-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #153

Filled at $15.25.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #154
Give me a forum ...

If it’s a sideways move (selling one stock or fund and buying another) you’re better off investing it all at once. If you are making a major change of asset allocation buying or selling in increment could cause you to leave some gains on the table but it could go the other way if the market drops. No one knows in advance.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:01 AM   #155
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If it’s a sideways move (selling one stock or fund and buying another) you’re better off investing it all at once. If you are making a major change of asset allocation buying or selling in increment could cause you to leave some gains on the table but it could go the other way if the market drops. No one knows in advance.
I know this is how a lot of people think, but money is money whether it's sideways or new money. Sideways money is just as exposed to a market drop (or rise) as new money is. It's a psychological thing. I suppose if it makes you feel better to invest in increments go ahead, but my suggestion is to think logically and let your AA handle the volatility.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #156

Quote:
What about what I did yesterday? Best move?
Old 06-18-2021, 12:41 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
I know this is how a lot of people think, but money is money whether it's sideways or new money. Sideways money is just as exposed to a market drop (or rise) as new money is. It's a psychological thing. I suppose if it makes you feel better to invest in increments go ahead, but my suggestion is to think logically and let your AA handle the volatility.
Better to put big lump sum right?
Old 06-20-2021, 04:53 PM   #158

So I am putting the money in whenever I have the funds available.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:50 PM   #159
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post

Yeah, I think we are saying the same thing, actually.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #160
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
What about what I did yesterday? Best move?

Kobe one knows.
I think so but it really depends on time frame. The longer the better.

Tags
edward jones, fidelity, vanguard