How did your portfolio do in 2010 ?

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got a respectable 17% return, and all in only three index funds to boot.

Less than some, better than most :whistle: ...

Does it really matter? A year is such a short term.

Now if you were to ask me what my/DW returns were since 1990 (a 21 year period), I would have to respond for our respective IRA's, we (disregarding annual contributions) have an average return of +8.90 for me, +8.06 for DW.

Ask any female (or even some guys, like me). A "slow hand" is better than a "fast Eddie" :cool: ...

Good enough for us.

19.9% including retirement accounts and a small amount of stock and option trading.

Funds:

FCNTX
FLPSX
PTRAX
VTSMX
JAOSX
VEIEX
VGSLX
VSMAX
PREMX

75/25...Stocks/Bonds

13.2% overall, so not too bad. I'm allocated about 55/30/15, so I should really have done better.

Guess I'm the laggard here at 11.9%, with 65/30/5 AA, but I sleep great.

I'm very happy with 9.6%. AA is 35/50/15

OK, anyone in a cash position, how did you do?

My cash portion, which includes I-Bonds, CD's and savings accounts, was 3.43%

At the beginning of the year I also created a 50/50 portfolio with the exact funds that I plan to use in retirement in 4 years. I have a graph that shows the performance including the monthly withdrawals I plan to make. This projected retirement portfolio returned 15.5%.

I won't reveal my exact XIRR (so I won't be called a liar or a creative accountant). Let's just say that our portfolio has done exceptionally well this year even when including the 50% of our portfolio invested in CDs, cash and bonds.

This is just my Vanguard IRA (doesn't include my small 401k, taxable savings and DH's 401k).

Performed at 7.9% for 1 year with AA of 54/45/1. Not as impressive as others on this forum it seems.

The year started with AA closer to 50/50. I'm 53 this month and wondered if I'm being too conservative, but 2007/2008 is still too fresh in my mind.

Wondering if I should shift more from Total Bond Market Index (currently at 29%) to Wellesley (currently at 9.8%)?

BTW....Happy New Year!

OK, anyone in a cash position, how did you do?
I was 50% in cash after April...don't know how to calculate IRR but my portfolio is 5% higher than it was at the beginning of 2010, and that's AFTER withdrawing 3.5% for living expenses.

My total portfolio is up 14.42% to be exact. Given that I hold about 15% of dead money in I-bonds and money market plus another 10% in bonds, I am happy with the result.

I might also have had a net withdrawal from it, because I might have overspent my part-time income this year, but I don't think it was more than 1.5%.

But all that return is past. I am already looking forward to next year to see how to cash in some of that gain.

Up 8% from last year. AA 35/50/15 Both retired so takin' money out instead of puttin' money in.

Similar to freebird and bbbamI, my portfolio is up about 8% and I am in about 65% bonds because I need the income for my ER 2 years ago. My IRA which is majority stocks is up about 10% while my taxable account (mostly bonds) is up about 6%.

Back
Top Bottom