How expensive a FIRE home?

Congrats! I just retired this past December, and have spent the last 2 months selling some stock to pay off my mortgage. Im in the house that I want to stay at until I cant, a little bit of land, wonderful area, great neighbors, and with no mortgage, darn near perfect. I have found that now I can spend so much quality time at home, I hardly ever leave, and I couldnt be happier.

Your spot is so important, so glad you found yours (P.S. Im in Florida too. Couldnt love it more).

Hello Mr Taxman! Inspection didn't note any deal killers so I put in my sell order today and realized some gains. Hopefully the funds flow quickly to my CU -especially the TSP loan that is coming by snail mail so I can meet closing. Exciting but a bit weird spending this much money! Ultimately, this gets me one step closer to FIRE as I lock in my housing in a great place to live.

Everything is in place and I close tomorrow. Will miss the cash in my account but the imputed rent will be a nice return. Thinking I may have delayed actually quitting a bit (still FI by the math but liquidity took a hit) but will enjoy living there and feel more secure owning my place!

Everything is in place and I close tomorrow. Will miss the cash in my account but the imputed rent will be a nice return. Thinking I may have delayed actually quitting a bit (still FI by the math but liquidity took a hit) but will enjoy living there and feel more secure owning my place!

How exciting! Congratulations. :D

Congratulations, you got your dream home!:dance: Let us know how you are enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom