How many brokerages/banks do you use?

80% at fidelity,10% at vanguard, 10% at local bank

We use two brokerages, Vanuard and Fidelity, and three banks, USAA, Wells Fargo, HSA Bank. Wells is pushing hard for us to bank solely with USAA.

I like the KISS principle. IRA accounts are at Vanguard. Taxable investment account at Vanguard. Checking account at a local credit union set up to easily transfer funds to and from VG.

That sure makes it easy at tax time.

Vanguard with auto deduct once a month to US Bank (ATM).

heh heh heh - :cool: And a little boogie woogie within Vanguard accounts so I have cash to auto deduct.

All IRA and brokerage at Fidelity. I once considered the "all eggs in one basket" argument but decided simplicity ruled. Plus, ours is a substantial sum so their service is impeccable. Of course, I should admit that it was 2-3 decades ago when it was a mere pittance. That's where all the big money stays, and monthly the "needs" are transferred to local credit union that is used for all expenses. Also have a BofA account that just sits there for the simple reason that transfers to and from son are easy; he lives in Africa so this is best way to help him move funds when he needs.

Back
Top Bottom