How much do you pay in income taxes(State and Federal) each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked, I made a fairly good salary and we paid fairly for our business income.....taxes were, to me, so high how could it get worse. Well, now we pay more in taxes than we ever showed as earned income. NO, I do not think its fair. Just because we were smart and invested well we get to give it all to the Feds. Thank you ACA and your great tax on our labor that keeps giving. If it were turned around, they would not tax your pension as much as the "pension" we now get from our investment in business. I know we are not alone in this unfair taxation, which will now get even worse. Not only do we get no 0% bracket capital gains, we get to pay extra tax on both captial gains and investment income another 3.8% on top, and to dig the dagger deeper, we get to subsidize everyone elses Medicare with onerous IRMAA taxes, after paying full tax for 40 years for both SS and Medicare on income. This is a true joke on wage earning tax payers who actually worked and invested to retire, only to have a disproportionate share taxed because they were successful. Maybe we should just give our rentals to the homeless and let them pay taxes. Oh, wait, our state did that for us this year, thank you.

I hear you and completely agree. It’s hard not become bitter sometimes especially at the implication/accusation that you don’t pay your fair share. You not only pay far more than your fair share for the same and sometimes less government good and services.

I hear you and completely agree. It’s hard not become bitter sometimes especially at the implication/accusation that you don’t pay your fair share. You not only pay far more than your fair share for the same and sometimes less government good and services.

I would invite your attention to my post #43.

I have more so I can afford to pay more. Life's good

Your comment "free milk with their heroin" is shocking

It is shocking, isn’t it? That some of us pay so much so we can allow others to pay nothing. This way they can use their own money to buy things they don’t need.

It is shocking, isn’t it? That some of us pay so much so we can allow others to pay nothing. This way they can use their own money to buy things they don’t need.
Like food & rent?

B4 you slam me, I (a Republican) paid more than POTUS#45

Last edited:
This thread has outlived its usefulness. In this instance, the moderators have not deleted any posts, so you can all see exactly what went wrong.

Attachments

• porky still.jpg
    porky still.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom