How old are you & how much pills (prescription/supplements) do you take a day??

How old are you and how much pills (prescription or not) do you take a day??

• none

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • 1-2 pills

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • 3-4 pills

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • 5-6 pilss

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • more than 6

Votes: 21 19.1%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you & how much pills (prescription/supplements) do you take a day??

Turned 49 yesterday - take 4 pills (2 different prescriptions ) to replace what my thyroid will not make. Feel great sense I got it right . Also take 2 more prescriptions cause I'm 49 and female - replacing other stuff my body no longer makes enough of . Also Take a multivitamin, and calcium . In good health - exercise daily and lift weights . Try to behave when I eat . ::)
Figure if we are saving all this money to ER I want to be around to spend it.

Re: How old are you & how much pills (prescription/supplements) do you take a da

29, no prescriptions, far too many supplements to count.

Vitamins:
A
B-Complex
C
D
E

Oils:
Fish Oil
Flax/Plant Oils

Antioxidants:
Co-Q10
Selenium

For High Cholesterol:
L-Carnitine
Pantethine
Garlic

Other:
Blue Green Algae
Glucosamine/Chondroitin

windsurf said:
58. No prescriptions. Most days I take fish oil, coq10, alpha lipoic acid, acetyl l-carnitine, resveratrol, pregnenelone, glutamine, dhea and a multi vitamin with botanical extracts. There are some others that I cycle in and out. I take nothing without reading the research, pro and con, then make a decision. I used to have high bp, high fasting glucose and low HDL. With exercise and less crappy processed food, that's reversed (though if I have a bad week with standard american diet, my glucose can bounce up). At the gym, I do strict form bicep curls with 50 lb dumbbells and my last set on the leg press sled is 800 lbs for 5 reps. I mention the weights only b/c it is emblematic of my feeling that is very important to maintain muscle mass and function as long as possible. On the other hand, some of those supplements relate to cognitive function.

Re: How old are you & how much pills (prescription/supplements) do you take a da

I'm 53 today and take 4 insulin shots/day, 13 different Rxs plus 3 supplements for a total of 30 pills/day. Last time I checked w/o insurance it would cost about $20K/year. I had a kidney/pancreas transplant 11 years ago.

Mike D.

Re: How old are you & how much pills (prescription/supplements) do you take a day??

52 and 2 pills/day - a multi vit and a low dose aspirin

Back
Top Bottom