How to Lose 3 Million in 6 Years

I always wonder about people who think they can spend everything they have and not go broke...

"Callie Rogers was just 16 when she won a whopping $3 million in the lottery. Six years later, she reports that she blew untold sums on drugs, partying, exotic cars, and breast implants. A staggering $730,000 went to designer clothes alone, Ms. Rogers explains in an article from AOL. Says Rogers: "I honestly wish I'd never won the lottery money — and knowing what I know now I should have just given it all back to them." She's currently left with around $32,000."

AND, to say they wished they never won... well, you got $730,000 of clothes, breast implants and maybe an exotic car.... and even if you do not have that... you have $32,000 left... so not LESS THAN where you started...

In one of the articles it says she has two kids now and some of the money is in a trust fund for them (article doesn't say how much).

I have a perverse interest in these stories about lottery winners. Like David Lee Edwards and that Jack Whittaker (whose daughter was found dead in her home last month). Always a terrible ending.

I am willing to see if I can handle winning the lottery. Actually, one of the guys in my old office won (Texas Childrens' Hospital). 15 years later, he still contributes in one of the higher donation categories so he still has some money left.

In Arizona, it is illegal to buy a lottery ticket if you are under 18. And they threaten to card.

TromboneAl's Wisdom of the Day: the people who'd do best with lottery winnings are probably those who don't buy lottery tickets.

A lot of people lost a lot more in a shorter time span during the meltdown and a number of Wall Street firms collapsed.

Novice..:rolleyes:...I could lose three million dollars in a lot less time than that...

Actually.... she SPENT that amout of money.... she did not lose it at all....

Here ya go
Saline-filled_breast_implants.jpeg

File:Saline-filled_breast_implants.jpeg

As I heard someone say once, winning the lottery does not change your personality, it merely enhances what was already there. The young lady in questions was always likely to end up in the situation she finds herself now.

Why is it we only hear these stories of misery related to big lottery winners? I guess anyone who has won the lottery and successfully managed their fortune make a boring story. Hearing that someone won and blew the lot makes those who have never won feel better about not winning.

Myself, I think I would make an excellent lottery winner and feel certain I would not end up addicted to drugs or broke in 3 years.

Excellent story, Al. It sounds a lot like what I THINK I would do. But I'm pretty sure I'd hve sprung for air conditioning.

Hey, ya never know. A dollar and a dream. :rolleyes:

I'll volunteer to win the next $6M lottery prize and report to the world how I spent it all. :cool: Clothes would not be my first choice for extravagant spending.
I'll send you all a postcard from my permanent home on Crete. :D

Excellent story, Al. It sounds a lot like what I THINK I would do. But I'm pretty sure I'd hve sprung for air conditioning.
A/C is not an option for me...it's a necessity.....:dead:....especially when I have a glass of wine.

IP...those implants look a bit cattywompus to me.....:angel:

heh...just realized they are two different sizes. I am having a glass of wine right now...so....

Last edited:
A/C is not an option for me...it's a necessity.....:dead:....especially when I have a glass of wine.

IP...those implants look a bit cattywompus to me.....:angel:

heh...just realized they are two different sizes. I am having a glass of wine right now...so....

I thought they were eggs...

If I won the lottery, I'd definitely be poormouthing in a couple of years that I'd spent it all, to make all the "well-wishers" go back into the woodwork.

The first $6M I spent on drinking, fast women, and hard partying.

The rest of it I just blew.

Back
Top Bottom