How would I find out what a share of sears sold for in 1978?

I know it is offtopic but thought you gays could help me out.

I would like to help you, but I'm adhering to the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. :D

Edit: Hmm, rec7's ninja edit now makes it look like I modified his quote just to make a dumb joke. Which I didn't (the modifying the quote part, I mean). Guilty as charged on the dumb joke part. ;)

Last edited:
You might contact the Investor Relations listed on their website.

Hmmm, because it merged with KMart and became SHLD on the Nasdaq, they gave the original symbol of S away to Sprint. Bigcharts is where I usually go for this kind of info, but no luck.
You might try investor relations at Sears, but if their customer service is anything like at the stores, it will not be worth the hold time.

Edited to add website:
http://www.searsholdings.com/invest/
may help you with this.

Where are the shares held at? When I worked at a regional brokerage firm, they had these big books in the reorganization area that had yearly stock prices going back to the 1920's.........I suppose its on the Internet with those firms now.

Sears Plans To Buy Its Stock; Book Value Put at $21.70

By BARBARA ETTORRE
November 25, 1978, Saturday
Section: Business & Finance, Page 31, 299 words
Sears, Roebuck Company announced yesterday that it plans to buy up to 10 million of its outstanding common shares on the open market, or approximately 3 percent of the 322 million shares outstanding as of Oct. 31. There is no time limit on the plan.

Source: the NY TIMES

I would like to help you, but I'm adhering to the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. :D

Edit: Hmm, rec7's ninja edit now makes it look like I modified his quote just to make a dumb joke. Which I didn't (the modifying the quote part, I mean). Guilty as charged on the dumb joke part. ;)

I did not mean no harm ProspectiveBum. I am a poor speller so you will see all kinds of crazy things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom