HSA Administrators Calling it Quits on March

Good that all went well for you...

I have been considering moving from HSA Bank to Fidelity -- have been putting off due to the likely issues/delays on the HSA Bank side of the transaction. My monthly fee is only $2 but it is the thought of paying for the pleasure of having an account. I would also have to sell stocks and move investments from TDA to cash at HSA Bank prior to the move so a bit of a hassle.

I initially thought of just leaving my funds in HealthEquity as the balance wasn't that high (I reimburse myself for qualified medical expenses each year instead of letting the funds grow).

The dealbreaker for me wasn't even the fees but the process of HealthEquity nit picking about showing proof of expenses for reimbursements. Unlike even HSA Admin where at least that part, I was treated like an adult. Just specify how much and get reimbursed, keep records on my own.

Game, set, match! :D
My HSA from HealthEquity finished getting moved to Fidelity.
Time from initiation to completion took less than one month.

Mine has taken 36 days and counting. 31 days from the initial transfer request at Fidelity to HealthEquity to send the funds. Funds are apparently still in transit, haven't shown up yet at Fidelity. Somehow I ended up with two HSA accounts at Fidelity. Not sure how that happened (probably computer glitch on my end), so that may be holding things up.:popcorn:

Mine has taken 36 days and counting. 31 days from the initial transfer request at Fidelity to HealthEquity to send the funds. Funds are apparently still in transit, haven't shown up yet at Fidelity. Somehow I ended up with two HSA accounts at Fidelity. Not sure how that happened (probably computer glitch on my end), so that may be holding things up.:popcorn:
I never did get an email (as promised) from HealthEquity about the transfer finishing.

What I did was during the course of the transfer, checked up by logging into my HealthEquity and Fidelity accounts. Eventually, HealthEquity would show a locked status (I assume meaning processing in place), then on transactions, the amount to Fidelity. On Fidelity's side, logging in eventually I saw that cash transferred from HealthEquity settled, so good to go.

My HealthEquity account is still active as of today. I did as instructed and sent the entire balance except $25. As of today the balance is $18.33 ($25 minus two months of fees). I expect when the monthly fees bring the balance down to zero maybe then the account will get closed out.

I'm back in the game :dance:.

Moved my entire cash portion transferred over from my HealthEquity HSA to Fido's Fidelity Health Savings Index Fund (FHSNX).

Total time from initiation to cash at HealthEquity to yesterday's confirmation from Fidelity took almost exactly a month. But as the saying goes, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom