I didn't say it... but great market lately!

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
I don't want to jinx anything. Honest. Do not fear. I'm not going to say "Whee!" . :angel:

BUT, I just wanted to mention that my portfolio was higher yesterday than I had ever imagined it could be. This market is taking my breath away and still seems to be headed up, up, up.

OK, now don't trip over each other as you rush out to sell... :D Just wanted to provide a fair warning with a decent lead time to all.

OMG, now you've gone and done it............SELL!!!!

SHHHH! W2R, don't jinx it now! :LOL:

Oh great.......now I'm going to all cash on Tuesday.

I reported the OP as being completely irresponsible and disregarding the financial health and well being of millions of investors.

Yes indeed! And I hope it continues. I am thinking that maybe I should do some selling and take some capital gains this year. And squirrel the proceeds in my emergency stash. Or take some (long overdue) really extravagant trip this fall!

Long term returns still have some catching up to do, so don't see a reason to sell anything yet...but we shall see at the end of this year, it is starting to get close to those long term averages. If it keeps going up at this pace through next year, I'll probably consider doing some major selling.

Long term returns still have some catching up to do, so don't see a reason to sell anything yet...but we shall see at the end of this year, it is starting to get close to those long term averages. If it keeps going up at this pace through next year, I'll probably consider doing some major selling.

If it keeps going up at this pace through next year, I'd be surprised.

I'd be happy, dazed, and jubilant, too. :D

:clap: :dance: :clap:

Last edited:
Oh go ahead W2R, Whee away!
I need to rebalance my Roth IRA.
Should have bought some before, but I was too chicken,
Now I need you to "Whee!" so I can start pickin'!

Amethyst

Being in the accumulation phase, I'm maintaining my desired asset reallocation by matching equity gains with investments in cash and GIC (CD) ladders. Not planning to sell anything.

I've been doing some minor selling (every few weeks) since around December, and will continue to do so. Just a little bit (on the order of $1K or $2K) at a time. The memories of 2008 are still too fresh in my mind, I guess. So I hope I am selling on the way up, not the opposite.

But yes, I too hope the recent pattern remains.

It has been a nice run and I hope it continues. I am remotely hoping for a slight stall or pull back so I can get my tax return and put it in a 529 for my son.

I already started bailing when I saw the "what does everyone think about margin" post a short while back. Now maybe I need a bigger bucket.

Got to be a good feeling for everyone in the class of 2011?

I'm congratulating myself on adding $12000 to our small cap IRAs for 2010 in December, and of course regretting that I didn't add another $12000 for 2011. There's no way I'd sell now, but I'm thinking of waiting a few months for a probable correction before buying more.

I've got about $300K sitting in cash right now (in addition to my emergency fund). I can use it to get more real estate but I think I am over invested in real estate right now or I can put it in the stock market. What do you esp folks think?

I am feeling better about my sell orders after reading this thread. I do have buy orders for when the market dips a 1000 points or so, one of those flash crashes would be pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom