I just don't get it

Live And Learn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Oh, you got it alright and fell for their scam. You propagated an advertisement for Denny's in a stealthy way and they didn't even pay you. They certainly took advantage of you. What's up with that?

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: What does "La Quinta" mean in spanish?

A: Next to Denny's

Most of the real 1% would be embarrassed to waste $300 on a grand slam breakfast. This is aimed at low brow wannabes with a pathological need to impress.

I waited tables at Denny's when I was 18. I wonder what my tip would be for this?

Our joke was "Does Denny's serve grits? Yes, Denny's will serve anyone!"

That's 'cause GRITS = Girls Raised In The South.
(No, I did not make that up).

Amethyst

I waited tables at Denny's when I was 18. I wonder what my tip would be for this?

Our joke was "Does Denny's serve grits? Yes, Denny's will serve anyone!"

Most of the real 1% would be embarrassed to waste $300 on a grand slam breakfast. This is aimed at low brow wannabes with a pathological need to impress.

+1 I would rephrase it maybe a bit softer :)

Most dancings and party centers that serve overpriced champagne are frequented by blue collar workers who spend their weekly wages so they can enjoy an evening of high status.

Real 1% either don't care or are to busy making more money.

This is for those who like to brag and try to impress others. "I'm so rich I can afford to spend $300 on breakfast!" You be surprised at how many folks want to have others think they are rich, even if they are not.

This is for those who like to brag and try to impress others. "I'm so rich I can afford to spend $300 on breakfast!" You be surprised at how many folks want to have others think they are rich, even if they are not.

An unfortunate truth.

And honestly - If I'm going to blow $300 on breakfast it's NOT going to be at Denny's (despite the AARP discount ! :LOL:)

I checked out on line and this Denny's has a full service bar. They serve $11 cocktails with breakfast. Good grief!

We have a Denny's near us and went there once in 11 years. Breakfast wasn't bad. But we never go out for breakfast. (I'm still working and DH avoids cholesterol most days). And I have never seen a Denny's serving alcohol. In PA, liquor licenses are hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

There's a few Denny's that serve alcohol. Ones 10 miles or so from me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I checked out on line and this Denny's has a full service bar. They serve $11 cocktails with breakfast. Good grief!

We have a Denny's near us and went there once in 11 years. Breakfast wasn't bad. But we never go out for breakfast. (I'm still working and DH avoids cholesterol most days). And I have never seen a Denny's serving alcohol. In PA, liquor licenses are hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yeah, this Denny's is in the NYC financial district. I bet a Coke anywhere in that area costs $6; the patrons probably think the $11 cocktails are a bargain. The $300 brakfast includes a foofoo bottle of champagne. Imagine the reaction to the expense account that includes this breakfast!

The Denny's restaurant near us happens to be pretty bad--they wiuld have to pay us to eat there.

The real fun would be to see how many takers there are at 3-4 am. In my younger days it was always an adventure to go to Denny's in the early am after a night of partying. Never knew what you'd encounter!

Back
Top Bottom