If you have to hire an advisor, put him/her to work!

Animorph

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
From WSJ:

Your Adviser Did What?! - WSJ.com

Wilson Matthews, 36 years old, sells fine men's clothing in Birmingham, Ala., but turned to his planner to haggle with a car dealership. The planner, Irvin Schorsch III, president of Pennsylvania Capital Management in Jenkintown, Pa., managed to get the price of an Audi A4 reduced by $6,100—and got another $1,000 knocked off the shipping fee.
Mr. Schorsch says he offers to negotiate all kinds of big-ticket purchases for clients, from cars and boats to retirement homes and weddings.
Says Mr. Matthews: "Why not take advantage of the free help?"

Never knew what I was missing!

Hmmm, well now it's starting to get interesting. I'm not sure which is more repulsive, cutting the cat's nails or being pitched an annuity..
Either way, it's a hard to resist two-fer.:dance:

Jean and Eric Mote, planners in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, typically meet with clients in their homes, and often look for ways they can help around the house. The planners say they have programmed thermostats, changed light bulbs in ceiling fans, replaced smoke-detector batteries and even once helped rewire the taillights on a horse trailer.
One client depends on their help clipping his cat's nails while he holds it down, Ms. Mote says.

Hmmm, well now it's starting to get interesting. I'm not sure which is more repulsive, cutting the cat's nails or being pitched an annuity..
Either way, it's a hard to resist two-fer.:dance:

Jean and Eric Mote, planners in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, typically meet with clients in their homes, and often look for ways they can help around the house. The planners say they have programmed thermostats, changed light bulbs in ceiling fans, replaced smoke-detector batteries and even once helped rewire the taillights on a horse trailer.
One client depends on their help clipping his cat's nails while he holds it down, Ms. Mote says.

The Motes sound just awful, ingratiating themselves like that.

Poor cat.

The Motes sound just awful, ingratiating themselves like that.

Poor cat.

Now if an adviser offered to pill the cat or track down the cat pee. I might hire them. I imagine Texas Proud would have considered this at least a few times the last month or so.

Back
Top Bottom