If you were buying a car today...

Subaru WRX 5 door. To hell with the mpg, I like the sock in the back.

Ha

My wife and I recently test drove the Toyota RAV-4 and the Honda CR-V. We both like the styling and cabin/instrument layout of the CR-V, but the RAV-4 has a better engine (when comparing 4-cylinders). The mid-level CR-V comes with this "drop down" center console, which is rather annoying and cheap. How much more would it have cost for a permanent center console? Likewise, I'm concerned that Honda doesn't like to issue recalls for defective parts as often as Toyota (e.g., Honda transmissions were clearly defective in the 1999 Accord), but Honda never issued a recall).

Anyone have some additional thoughts on the CR-V versus the RAV-4? I'd love to get an Acura RDX, but it's kinda out of the price range.

Likewise, I'm concerned that Honda doesn't like to issue recalls for defective parts as often as Toyota (e.g., Honda transmissions were clearly defective in the 1999 Accord), but Honda never issued a recall).

Honda is much more likely than Toyota to offer goodwill repair help LONG after the warranty is gone. On my 2003 Accord, the digital display went kaput. Apparently it was a problem with that model year. I had 45,000miles on the car, and Honda paid for the new part ($700), all I paid is installation ($100). That was nice of them

Anyone have some additional thoughts on the CR-V versus the RAV-4? I'd love to get an Acura RDX, but it's kinda out of the price range.

i don't think you can go wrong either way. My neighbor just bought a 2008 Rav4 and loves it. it is a nice car.........:)

Honda is much more likely than Toyota to offer goodwill repair help LONG after the warranty is gone. On my 2003 Accord, the digital display went kaput. Apparently it was a problem with that model year. I had 45,000miles on the car, and Honda paid for the new part ($700), all I paid is installation ($100). That was nice of them

On the other side, the only issue I've had with my Accord so far is that, if it's been out in the cold (and only at a certain temp point), the radio keeps trying to switch to aux. So, if it's below the temp point, it'll try and switch once the car warms up enough and then it'll stop... if it's close enough to that temp, it'll do it no matter what.

Honda told the dealer they wouldn't replace it unless the dealer could recreate the issue, so I got a free rental for two days while they kept it overnight. They couldn't recreate the issue so no new radio for me... it's got me much more inclined to go Toyota next time, which I'm sure I'll get around to telling them as soon as it cools off and I start having issues again.

We bought a RAV4 with a third row seat when we had our baby late last year. We really like it so far. Our main criteria was pretty good gas mileage. Coming from a small 4-dr sedan and a 2-dr coupe, we were amazing at how much we can haul. It also has plenty of power, even though it's only a 4-cyl. The 6-cyl seems to be very highly regarded especially since it only has a 1 mpg penalty over the 4-cyl.

Our only complaint is that it's a little "bouncy" but again that could be because we came from a sedan/coupe.

Well guess we are in the market for a new vehicle.

A woman rear ended us doing 35 to 50 according to the CHP and FD. Causing a 4 car pile up.Oh yeah I feel great today. I cant believe we are just sore with no serious injuries. Lost my favorite little grill in the accident though :( Seat belts are awesome.

Glad you're okay, but I'm frankly shocked that one of the ultra safe and super conservative drivers we have in Sac hit you! Shocked!!

I got slammed into about 8 months ago when I was on my way to sears to get a water heater. Gee thanks, smacked my car AND I get to do plumbing... :p

Fortunately my trailer hitch absorbed most of the hit. Just a few scratches in the bumper. And I didnt have a grill back there.

Glad you're okay, but I'm frankly shocked that one of the ultra safe and super conservative drivers we have in Sac hit you! Shocked!!

I got slammed into about 8 months ago when I was on my way to sears to get a water heater. Gee thanks, smacked my car AND I get to do plumbing... :p

Fortunately my trailer hitch absorbed most of the hit. Just a few scratches in the bumper. And I didnt have a grill back there.

It was on Howe during lunch hour traffic. Ya go figure..

Sunrise at lunchtime. But it was a weekend.

Guess we should stay home at lunch.

Now I just have to figure out how someone got up to 50mph on Howe at noon.

Sunrise at lunchtime. But it was a weekend.

Guess we should stay home at lunch.

Now I just have to figure out how someone got up to 50mph on Howe at noon.

I think she was the first car at the light. We were at the tail end of the congo line. She was going that fast and caught up didnt see the hard braking and just wacked us.

I think I should stop posting the vicadins are really kicking in :p

Oh no, keep posting. Who knows what you'll come up with! ;)

Good luck with vicodin. Didnt do a thing for me when I sprained my back. I went back to advil. My back still hurt although they made me chatty. Imagine.

Im going to look into a tank. I dont think they need windshield wipers.

Eh, just look for something heavy, with good crash test results, and with a 4 cylinder. You'll get old waiting to get up to highway speeds, but you'll get halfway decent mileage and be safe.

Eh, just look for something heavy, with good crash test results, and with a 4 cylinder. You'll get old waiting to get up to highway speeds, but you'll get halfway decent mileage and be safe.

We were in a Hyundai Elantra. I dont know its crash rating off hand. The next car Im going to pay attention to the crash ratings. Since that was an eye opener yesterday.

Ok, Mr. Subie.............:D

Ok, Mr. Subie.............:D

Yeah, well...

I also have been eyeballing the Kia Rondo, although would wait to see what Consumer's says about reliability before seriously considering it. But the powertrain is from the Optima (Sonata twin) that has been very reliable.

Subaru is offering 0% and cash back. Honda has some decent incentives too. U.S army has a great deal on a tank if I want to give them a 4 year commitment..

Good luck with vicodin. Didnt do a thing for me when I sprained my back. I went back to advil. My back still hurt although they made me chatty. Imagine.

They work much better if you take 2-3, and wash 'em down with a few beers. :cool:

Just trying to help... :angel:

1969 Lincoln town car with a 460. If you get in an accident, you'd have time to jump out and make it to the curb before anything happened within 6' of ya.

We were in a Hyundai Elantra. I dont know its crash rating off hand. The next car Im going to pay attention to the crash ratings. Since that was an eye opener yesterday./quote]

I bought an Elantra 4 months ago. I forget weather the crash results were 4 or 5 star, but it was one of the two. The Elantra and most cars these days come with side curtain airbags standard. I think my Elantra has 6 airbags.

Well guess we are in the market for a new vehicle.

A woman rear ended us doing 35 to 50 according to the CHP and FD. Causing a 4 car pile up.Oh yeah I feel great today. I cant believe we are just sore with no serious injuries. Lost my favorite little grill in the accident though :( Seat belts are awesome.

Wow! :eek: Glad you are OK, and that you were wearing your seatbelt.

Back
Top Bottom