Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Here's another scam email attempt I just got. Way, way back I used the same old tired password on all sorts of junk sites. No doubt one of these sites did not encrypt passwords and was hacked.

Note the last paragraph - if i send her the $1400 she will leave me to live in peace. Yea. Right. And that Nigerian prince will eventually send me the $1.7 million dollars too!

Quote:
Hey, I know your password is: old-tired-pswd-i-never-use-anymore

Your computer was infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access and control over your computer, meaning, I got access to all your accounts (see password above) and I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I collected all your private data and I RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces.

I can send the video to all your contacts, post it on social network, publish it on the whole web, including the darknet, where the sick people are, I can publish all I found on your computer everywhere!

Only you can prevent me from doing this and only I can help you out in this situation.

Transfer exactly 1400$ with the cryptocurrency DASH (DSH) to my DASH (DSH) address.

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible **** that will happen if I publish everything!

You can buy DASH (DSH) here: www.cex.io , www.binance.com , www.bitpanda.com , or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the DASH (DSH) directly to my address, or create your online wallet first here: www.cryptonator.com , www.freewallet.org or download and install your hardware wallet EXODUS first from: www.exodus.io and then send to mine.

My DASH (DSH) address is: deleted by me

Copy and paste my address, it's (deleted).

I give you 2 days to transfer the DASH (DSH).

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it, my mailer script has been configured like that and after payment you can ignore it!
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web!

Mail-Client-ID: 2495873

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

I'm assuming this is a scam....
Old 11-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm assuming this is a scam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjigar View Post
I NEVER sell or buy anything without meeting the other party, usually at a public place if I can. And payments are ALWAYS in cash.

Our local police station has a designated parking space for such transactions right in front of their building and on camera. A few months back I was on the phone with a Craigslist buyer who was ready to meet up with me to do the deal. I told him where to meet me and he suddenly lost interest. I can’t help wondering if I dodged a bullet. [emoji38]
UpAnchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:43 AM   #83
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USGrant1962 View Post
CarMax routinely offers the high end of the blue book trade in value. So less than a private sale, but fair. And no hassle.
If I have one to sell I like to get an offer from them so I know the low-end and helps with pricing ( and pricing my time and hassle factor).
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:51 AM   #84
Give me a forum ...

If you need a notary, your local bank usually has one. Another reason to consider transacting at a bank.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
If you need a notary, your local bank usually has one. Another reason to consider transacting at a bank.
Around here, SW PA, banks will not notorize anything unless it is that particular bank's business.

So much for the "public" in notary public.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #86

I hope to not be selling a car again in the near future. But the cash was legit and the price was several thousand above kbb trade in. (Kbb isn't accurate for this kind if truck).

Hind sight being 20-20 wish we had waited to sell the truck. With dh's accident we are down to 1 car. It's cramping all of our styles.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Around here, SW PA, banks will not notorize anything unless it is that particular bank's business.

So much for the "public" in notary public.
Chase banks are ubiquitous; you should be able to find one locally. I have never been asked if I was a customer when I went to my local Chase branch to get something notarized. It would be surprising to find a national bank with different regional policies like that.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Chase banks are ubiquitous; you should be able to find one locally. I have never been asked if I was a customer when I went to my local Chase branch to get something notarized. It would be surprising to find a national bank with different regional policies like that.
While far less significant than getting something notarized, I have gone to my local Chase banks over the years to get new checkbook registers because I use mine up more quickly than I order new blank checks (and my own bank doesn't have any). The reps are eager to give them to me (at no charge) and have never asked me if I was a Chase customer (which I am not).
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #89
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrabbler1 View Post
While far less significant than getting something notarized, I have gone to my local Chase banks over the years to get new checkbook registers because I use mine up more quickly than I order new blank checks (and my own bank doesn't have any). The reps are eager to give them to me (at no charge) and have never asked me if I was a Chase customer (which I am not).
It's funny. I went into Chase to change some hundreds into twenties a while ago and they asked me if I was a customer. I am, but I wonder if they would have done it if I weren't. Maybe next time I'll say no and see what happens.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #90
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Just got another remote buyer... offered to pay extra to 'hold the car'.

I've got two different parties looking to see it tomorrow. Hope one of them is serious.
It's a well known, well documented scam. You can look it up. I went through same thing...so researched it. As my dad yelling at me, saying it was legit (try to sell his stair chair,elevator thing)...thank God, I was there, as I didn't fall for it.he would have. It is very easy to fake a cashier's check, so that bank will take it..you then get some cash to give the scammer, to help him move the item. In a few days the bank will realize it's a fake cashier's check. You are out that cash.
2retireearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #91
Full time employment: Posting here.

Textbook scam. Tell him that you will accept the check, he can get the money back and the keys - two weeks after check clears, when he comes to pick up the truck. And mention BTW, that the transaction will take place at the local police station. :-D
imnontrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #92
Recycles dryer sheets

Yes its a SCAM. I sell them once in a while. I meet them at the local bank parking lot. I make them go in and get cash.. AND I remove the TAGS (TX) and I register the sale with TXDOT immediately. All due to lessons learned the hard way..
Old 11-20-2019, 06:25 AM   #93
Recycles dryer sheets

Actually heard of this being run in CA. You are paying the transport and the check you get is bad. Scammer gets your truck and you get screwed.
Global Wizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:01 PM   #94
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Chase banks are ubiquitous; you should be able to find one locally.

Except for the 14 states where Chase doesn’t have a brick & mortar presence. But yes, I’ve noticed in my travels that in many areas of the country they seem to be on every third block.
UpAnchor is offline   Reply With Quote