Interesting

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Remember ISM? I noted that it was very odd that it traded a lot lower than OSM, which was basically the same thing. Well, now the prices have equilibrated, and OSM and ISM have about the same yield. This happened mostly via OSM dropping, although ISM rose a bit, too. So the yield is about the same (a touch over 3% above CPI). If you like this structure (monthly CPI plus 2 or 2.05% coupons), buy whichever one is cheaper, since they now yield about the same.

where can I find the total yield on these? I plugged quotes into Fido site but it didn't reveal the yield.

Dunno how to show you unless you have access to a Bloomberg terminal. Anyone else?

Tony Tampa said:
where can I find the total yield on these? I plugged quotes into Fido site but it didn't reveal the yield.

Yeah, the Bloomberg is easiest but if you don't you can plug the symbol into Bigcharts. It's showing a yield on ISM of 6.26%. Their yield figures can be a little off sometimes.

Also, you can go to your brokers website and put in an order, it should show you the current yield, YTM, etc before you place the trade. Then you can just cancel it out.

Hmmm, when I go to the bloomberg yield analysis, I get a YTM of 6.56%, or about 3.06% over the relevant CPI rate.

brewer12345 said:
Hmmm, when I go to the bloomberg yield analysis, I get a YTM of 6.56%, or about 3.06% over the relevant CPI rate.

yep, just like I said. I didn't look it up on my terminal, but like I said Bigcharts is always a little off.

Get load of the spread on ISM today 22.71-23.17. You give up 2% getting in!

Ha

Only if you hit the ask...

HaHa said:
Get load of the spread on ISM today 22.71-23.17. You give up 2% getting in!

Ha

Yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of bond trading for small investors.

Back
Top Bottom