Join Early Retirement Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
International Tax Advisor
Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 810
International Tax Advisor


I am looking for a person, for SIL/DD, who can help with filling taxes with some international income. The countries have signed a Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) and an Inter-governmental Agreement (IGA), for the implementation of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). As far as I know, this is the only tax agreement.

Can anyone recommend a company or person who might be able to help out? Please send a private message if you are more comfortable doing that. If you have employed their services, it would be great if you felt comfortable, to provide a review.

Let e know if you need more information.

davef is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2018, 04:11 AM   #2
Alan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N. Yorkshire
Posts: 25,407
I sent you a PM with links to expat sites that can provide some advice on taxes, including one site with forums for many countries. (You didn't specify which country that the income is coming from, just that it has a tax agreement with the USA).

While I was living in the USA I also had foreign income, from the UK, and TurboTax handled it easily enough as it was simple enough - pensions and bank interest. If the income from the Foreign country is not simple then I agree that professional tax advice is needed.
Retired in Jan, 2010 at 55, moved to England in May 2016
Enough private pension and SS income to cover all needs
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax strategist / Pay by the hour retirement planner - advisor. almost there FIRE and Money 11 06-03-2016 06:02 PM
Tax advisor? tmm99 FIRE and Money 36 05-22-2014 05:34 PM
advisor or no advisor frank FIRE and Money 10 04-29-2014 07:58 AM
Replacing ETF Portfolio with Stocks/Bonds (for International Tax Reasons) cvc8445 Stock Picking and Market Strategy 7 06-16-2010 10:25 PM
International Exposure in Investing arrete FIRE and Money 21 04-03-2003 10:54 AM

» Quick Links

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.