Internet site that gives each cities property tax rates????

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Used to be able to go to Sperling's Best Places site, and get each cities individual property tax rate; but, they changed their entire format recently, and this is no longer possible (bestplaces.net/city).

Does anyone know of a site that you can pull up any city in America's current property tax rate?:confused::confused::confused:

For instance, I would like to know the property tax rates for cities in Pennsylvania or Texas, but have no place to find them--without pulling up each individual city I am looking at and examining their info. for the property tax rate. Time consuming, to say the least.
I miss this aspect Sperling used to offer. It was great.

I hope somebody knows of a site like that. I have been going to the city and tax assessor websites for the cities I am interested in, and that can be a pretty time consuming and sometimes fruitless approach.

The only advantage to what I have been doing, is that I know that probably the information is as updated as any I am likely to find online. I really can't compare a large number of cities, though.

Frantastic! I will be looking into both of these sites. Such a help....thank you so much!!!!! I was getting pretty frustrated for a moment there this morning trying to pull up various cities' property tax rates.

Property taxes get tricky when the citizens have passed measures to slow their growth.

I noticed that in Multnomah County, Portland, OR homes valued at the same price-point paid widely different property taxes. What I learned is that there is a limitation on the rate at which the assessed valuation can increase and that it stays with the residence. The assessed valuation is reset if a property is converted to condos. So, a newer home pays more than an older one.

California's property tax valuation resets when a home is sold, in some areas older property owners can carry the old valuation with them when they sell.

The devil is in the details.

Back
Top Bottom