Investing in Yieldstreet

Perhaps a bit more info would help.

Looks very tempting..Comments??
Leverage, commodities, illiquid assets where they tell you what the asset's value is, multiple funds with potentially conflicting interests, ... What could go wrong?

I tell the students in my Adult-Ed investment class this:
Rule of Thumb: The more complicated an investment product is, the more likely it is that it was designed to make money for the seller, not to make money for you.

I also tell them: If you don't understand an investment, don't buy it! The "Prism Fund" prospectus is 216 pages.

These rules may mean that you'll miss a prince once in a while but they will keep you from kissing a lot of expensive frogs.

Just MHO from almost 50 years of investing.

Leverage, commodities, illiquid assets where they tell you what the asset's value is, multiple funds with potentially conflicting interests, ... What could go wrong?

I tell the students in my Adult-Ed investment class this:
Rule of Thumb: The more complicated an investment product is, the more likely it is that it was designed to make money for the seller, not to make money for you.

I also tell them: If you don't understand an investment, don't buy it! The "Prism Fund" prospectus is 216 pages.

These rules may mean that you'll miss a prince once in a while but they will keep you from kissing a lot of expensive frogs.

Just MHO from almost 50 years of investing.

Sounds like sound advice...Thanks

Looks very tempting..Comments??

Perhaps a bit more info would help.

Multitude of investment options.

https://www.yieldstreet.com/
Well I mean that could explain almost anything. Still, what is that? What are you tempted by? Personally I find it most helpful when a member explains what's behind the link, so I can perhaps participate in the thread without combing through some third party marketing site to figure it out.

Yieldstreet comes up about once a year as a topic. Folks always looking for more.

Simply put, stay away. Google Yieldstreet and add the words "fraud", "scam", "lawsuit"

https://brokerwatch.com/yieldstreet-lawsuit/

The end result is that, claims of no principal loss, in-depth ‘diligence,’ and reliance on ‘asset class experts’ notwithstanding, YieldStreet’s products are poorly sourced and structured, with a default rate five times higher than even that of so-called ‘junk bonds.’ YieldStreet’s junk bonds, however, are mass-marketed to the general public and may be purchased within a matter of minutes by anyone with access to a computer who self-certifies that they earn over $200,000 a year.

Back
Top Bottom