Investment Fee study

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
http://www.zeroalphagroup.com/news/113006_release.cfm

“On a $10,000 investment earning an annual return of 10 percent over 20 years, the average investor in no-load, no 12b-1 fee index funds would pay approximately $2,582 in operating expenses. The average investor holding a no-load fund that charges a 12b-1 fee would pay $3,744, while the average investor holding load index funds would pay $7,600 in operating expenses. Although one would expect using a professional adviser to improve an investor’s performance, instead the investor pays a significant penalty … We found that load index funds charged substantially higher fees – even before counting the fees paid to the broker – than true no-load (no 12b-1 fee) funds. In other words, when investors used brokers they paid twice: first, they paid the broker; second, they paid a broker penalty in the form of higher fund fees.”

Fees will surely eat up your total return over the long term. This is an interesting study.

Just think of the cost if you were dumb enough to invest $1,000,000 with these funds/brokers. :-\

Hey, on the bright side they probably would take you out to lunch once a year. :LOL:

Bikerdude said:
Just think of the cost if you were dumb enough to invest $1,000,000 with these funds/brokers. :-\

Hey, on the bright side they probably would take you out to lunch once a year. :LOL:

At $1,000,000 they would get NAV pricing, and not pay a load........... ;)

Back
Top Bottom