Investors Business Daily

tgotch

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone here read IBD? I just got a free trial subscription.

Anyone see any value in their methods/recommendations?

Very good - you can get it for free at most libraries.

I subscribed for a couple of years and thought it was a fine publication -- if anything, there's too much information to process!

weekend - online

I subscribe only for the one weekend edition delivered on Saturday.

This allows me to have access to the web site to read the parts I like during the week and the price is lower.

They push momentum active trading which is opposite to most strategy I see here. However, their general trend analysis is good. Just before the .com crash they were warning that the market was dangerous - had only I listened :)

I read the Big Picture, To The Point and the Top Ten every day.

You do not get all the price lists online but they are easy to look up elsewhere and the one hard copy gives you the top 100 list or you can download it to excel.

It is a little pricey but I just renewed.

On another note I have started reading seekingalpha.com which seems to have some nice articles - at least about china markets which are my current interest. I imagine that the other sections are interesting also.

Last edited:
Read it for years. I stopped investing in individual securities several years ago and continued getting IBD. Finally, I decided that I no longer needed it... since I was just using mutual funds.

IDB has loads of statistics and data. That is what I like about it. It also has a pretty good online version.

You can get some of the info off of the internet... but it has a lot of data all in one nice spot. Of course, it supports the CANSLIM approach to investing. IMHO CANSLIM is a great method.

Good idea Joesxm. I will look into the weekend subscr.

I just started reading O'neil's book and learning about CAN-SLIM. Looks like good stuff. Just need to get my head around all the info.

Thanks for the comments

Like driving by looking in the rear view mirror...

IMHO, of course.

IMHO, of course.

I have quite a few years before retirement, so I am using a portion of my portfolio to invest in stocks...provides some excitement :)

The last few years, this portion of my portfolio has done unbelievably well, so I am hoping IBD tools will help even more.

IMHO, of course.

Well. All you have is the rear view mirror or the crystal ball. What actually happened or someone's [-]guess[/-] projection based on [-]lies, damned lies, and[/-] statistics. :D

Back
Top Bottom