IRA e-file rejected.

Alan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I've e-filed for years with no problen]ms but yesterday I received the following rejection, and TT doesn't seem to offer any answers other than "don't worry just do a paper return"

Has anyone seen these errors before?

The IRS has found the following problem with your return:
0034 - Record ID Group - For each record, significant data must be present following the Record ID Group.
0034 - Record ID Group - For each record, significant data must be present following the Record ID Group.
0156 - Summary Record - Number of Form Records must equal the number of form records computed by the IRS.
0151 - Summary Record - Number of Logical Records in Tax Return must equal the total logical record count computed by the IRS.

Last edited:
I've e-filed for years with no problen]ms but yesterday I received the following rejection, and TT doesn't seem to offer any answers other than "don't worry just do a paper return"

Sounds like TT isn't cleaning up after itself. Are there sections that you started and then quit? Are there sections that you looked at and then skipped?

My return was rejected on Monday at the time I tried to file it through TT. I couldn't get a clear explanation but the tech service suggested I wait 1 day and resubmit. Waiting til Tuesday seemed to work as I resubmitted the return and it went through just fine. Today received email showing IRS had accepted the return.

I read a news story that IRS was having some issues with its E-File software so maybe this is related to that problem. Best of luck with the return.

Bob

Alan, please provide your Social Security number and bank account and I will do my best to help you.

In the meantime, I agree with the suggestion to try again in a day or so--the virtual equivalent of "when all else fails, unplug it and plug it back in."

Thanks for the quick feedback. I did resubmit the following day with the same result after checking all the forms.

I did a search on the TT on-line community but didn't find that excellent link that Rustward posted. - ta very much, marra :)

I did do a Roth conversion, and also a 401k rollover. I did a rollover in 2010 with no issues. It does sound like a TT problem

I was rejected once . I forgot to put the numerical code on my Survivor Pension . Did you run the alerts to find the problem ? I use Tax Act and I usually run the alerts three times before I file .

I was rejected once . I forgot to put the numerical code on my Survivor Pension . Did you run the alerts to find the problem ? I use Tax Act and I usually run the alerts three times before I file .

Yes, I did run the alerts, before and after I got the rejected notice.

I have posed a question on the TT Community website and will wait to see their response before doing anything else. The nature of the error message makes me think it is a TT problem rather than something I have done wrong.

I hope you get it figured out Alan.

I'm a wuss....I don't file until the end of March as I'm afraid I might miss an update. :-\

I'm a wuss....I don't file until the end of March as I'm afraid I might miss an update. :-\

Thanks.

I like to get taxes over and done with each year. Even doing it early you can set a date for any taxes to be paid. I usually set the payment date for April 2nd. This year I'm actually owed $1,300 but there's still no rush to file. I'm hoping a TT update will fix the problem.

Same here. Two years ago I submitted my return around the middle of March and got a K1 correction two weeks later. What a pi$$er.

I had problems with TT not dealing with wash sales correctly in "easy entry" mode and I also read that it has big issues with the new FATCA form and it's thresholds. I'm not I
Pressed with TT this year

I stopped using Turbo Tax because of glitches I had a few years ago . Since I went to Tax act no problems.

I had problems with TT not dealing with wash sales correctly in "easy entry" mode and I also read that it has big issues with the new FATCA form and it's thresholds. I'm not I
Pressed with TT this year

That is something new I had to file this year and I did wonder if that new form was giving TT indigestion.

I stopped using Turbo Tax because of glitches I had a few years ago . Since I went to Tax act no problems.

I tried TaxAct a couple of years ago and it didn't cope very well with my foreign pension so I ended up using TT.

TaxAct works great for my son.

Same here. Two years ago I submitted my return around the middle of March and got a K1 correction two weeks later. What a pi$$er.
I've resolved to never invest in anything that generates a K-1. Hated dealing with it, and they all arrive so late in the tax season.

Sorry about the glitch. I hope you'll keep us posted for selfish reasons, I had two rollovers in 2011 and I use TT. Probably not filing until Feb 17 when Vanguard dump is available, and don't have all the necessary paper records to go manual entry anyway. And hopefully I will owe them, so no hurry.

Hope it gets better for you...

I stopped using Turbo Tax because of glitches I had a few years ago .
Thats what Geithner said too :rolleyes:

I wait until about April 13th, because I have to pay, but I don't wait until last day just in case I would have problems like this.
TJ

I'm sorry to hear that this happened, and I sure hope it doesn't happen to me this year!

That said, were I in your place I'd just print out the forms and mail them to the IRS. No big deal (at least to me).

I've resolved to never invest in anything that generates a K-1. Hated dealing with it, and they all arrive so late in the tax season.
I kinda like the idea of being able to do my taxes... in September.

But that only works if I'm paying estimated taxes or get a small refund. I'd be annoyed if my witholding was too high.

IRA. It defeats the tax-sheltered aspect of partnerships but 5-7% isn't bad and taxes are a lot easier.

Sorry about the glitch. I hope you'll keep us posted for selfish reasons, I had two rollovers in 2011 and I use TT. Probably not filing until Feb 17 when Vanguard dump is available, and don't have all the necessary paper records to go manual entry anyway. And hopefully I will owe them, so no hurry.

Hope it gets better for you...

Your avatar has suddenly become a lot more intimidating :LOL:

I got a suggestion from the TT Live Community today but it didn't help, just pointed me at the same link that says "don't worry, just file a paper return".

I'd rather find out the problem than pay for sending in a paper return, although that is the option I will choose if TT can't determine the problem.

Your avatar has suddenly become a lot more intimidating :LOL:
You can thank Al!

And again, hope there's a TT update or fix that addresses the issue you found soon.

I do about 400 returns a year for TaxAide. Every year there is some type of problem with e-filing at the beginning of the season. One of many reasons I wait to file in October.

I do about 400 returns a year for TaxAide. Every year there is some type of problem with e-filing at the beginning of the season. One of many reasons I wait to file in October.

Good to know, thanks very much for that little gem.

The only advice I could get from the TT community was to re-do the entire return manually from scratch, not importing last year's return.

I do so today and submitted the return. Took me 2 hrs. Rejected a few hours later with the same error codes.

I'm simply going to print and file the return by mail on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom