IRA transfer to Vanguard

I just requested a transfer from Ameriprise to Vanguard. The estimated completion date......6 months from a week ago.:rant:

I assume I'll be making those phone calls, too.

And wait for Ameriprise to start charging account closure fees, transfer fees, and whatever fees they can charge you one last time... But rest assured, you have just made the best decision of your life by transferring to VG...

Im in the process of transferring my IRA from TD Ameritrade to Vanguard. According to Vanguards website, I initiated the transfer on 5/22 and the estimated completion date is 7/10.

Does this sound right that it should take that long? A month and a half?

Obviously I plan on calling them, but I was wondering if anyone else has had experinince transferring an IRA like this.

PS...all investments have been liquidated so its all cash.

You first posted this on May 29, just one week after you say Vanguard listed as its date for starting the transfer from TD Amritrade. One week is not long enough, maybe three weeks more realistic.

So, did your transfer get completed? When?

I deal with both TD Ameritrade and Vanguard and have found both to be satisfactory. I know when I transfered some IRAs from Schwab to TD Ameritrade, the timing was around the three week timeframe.

Very true, but in my particular case, the only help I could get from anyone was at Vanguard. I got almost nowhere trying to solve my Ameriprise problem until I did a conference call that included a Vanguard rep and an Ameriprise rep. The Vanguard rep knew when he was being told things that made no sense and he stopped all the baloney that I was being fed.

I agree that the back office process software is pretty much the same everywhere. Unfortunately, the back office workers are not.

Any advice for the phone calls to Ameriprise that I will inevitably have to make?

Back
Top Bottom