Join Early Retirement Today

IRMAA SSA 44 self employed documentation
Old 12-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

IRMAA SSA 44 self employed documentation

Hello all,
My husband did a very lucrative contract in 2021 and 2022. That contract pushed our income just over the IRMAA tier 1 for 2021 income. The contract ended August 2022 and this year (2022) the income will be below tier 1. I would like to submit a SSA 44 form informing the IRS of our new income. The instructions request documentation from your employer. He is his own employer so does he describe the situation and sign under the statement "I attest under penalty of purgery that the above statement is true".

Anybody run into a situation like this? Many thanks!
cbbennet is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It seems that a copy of the contract agreement should be able to support the claim? If there was no written contract, then maybe a letter from whoever hired your DH confirming that the gig ended (and when) might be enough.
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:05 AM   #3
Dryer sheet aficionado

Thank you!
Old 12-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

As it turns out the company my DH did the work for has closed (he was in charge of moving the facility equipment to the new owner's facility). The company who paid him has dissolved so no HR or management to ask for documentation. I can wait until we have the 2022 1040 complete and send that in but we would have already paid at least 4 months IIRMA. I think the IRS refunds IIRMA if they approve the SSA 44. Your thought?