IRS online question

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I set up an IRS account using ID.me. No issues there. However, I looked for my 2022 return that according to Turbo Tax has been accepted and I see no record of it. I did see information on the 2021 return which was accurate so I know I was in the right place.

Does it take a long time to show up on IRS.gov? It was accepted electronically on 2/15/23.

I have no idea for certain. However, I wouldn't be surprised that it is not there until after is it "processed". Being "accepted" is not the same thing as processed. Something would seem to be holding it up from fast processing at this point.

I have no idea for certain. However, I wouldn't be surprised that it is not there until after is it "processed". Being "accepted" is not the same thing as processed. Something would seem to be holding it up from fast processing at this point.

This makes sense to me, accepted does not mean it will show on the records until it has been through the rigorous trials of the IRS..... then it is processed.

VW

I mailed Form 56, Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship, last October, and it STILL isn't entered into my deceased mother's account. Of course mailed documents would take longer, but five months, really?!

Takes a while before returns hit the transcript site. I don't know how long but based on anecdotes I'd lean toward weeks (and maybe months) rather than days.

My 2022 return was e-filed via AARP Tax Aide on 3/6. I received my federal refund on 3/11. My IRS.gov account already shows the transcript as of now.

I agree with @PaunchyPirate that something is holding up the automatic processing of your return. It could be any number of things. In particular, child tax credits and EIC I know can slow things up.

I went back into the IRS site and my 2022 information was there. I was probably there before, but I did not know how to find it. When I asked for a transcript, the '22 information was there.

Back
Top Bottom