Is the FIRE personality lazy

left-handed, lazy, INTP engineer

getting lazier by the day....

Lazy, except for when it comes to investments, and some hobbies.

INTJ..................I don't have the time to be lazy. :D

Maybe in a few weeks. I am willing to learn and I will dedicate the rest of my life to trying to be lazy.

33 years of 10-14 hour days will grind the life out of you and being lazy sure sound good right now. Today I got up at 5:30AM and was at my desk at 6:35AM...did not leave until 5:45PM and worked on home stuff (cleaning, bills, take care of cat, gather garbage, do some grocery shopping, find dinner, get work lunch together for tomorrow, put laundry away...etc. Just sat down to do email and read a few posts on the board.. at 10:40PM.

I am going to like learning tobe lazy. ;)

INTJ, lefty.

I'm actually very hard working--- I do that so I can be lazy whenever I want. I think it's the desire to have totally unstructured time that has motivated me to be successful, to work very hard, and to try to retire early.

I tend to work intensely for bursts, but need downtimes in between. I can't sustain intensity for weeks without a break.

I've also been called self-centered, but I don't mean to be. I just need a little time to myself. :D

Gosh do I fit the "motivated when it interests me" legion, if it doesn't interest me I can barely finish the task. That applies to work and home, I don't think I'm lazy I just don't have the motivation to do things I don't want to do.

Lazy lefty. I got bored looking at the link, so I won't fathom a guess as to the label. My interests change from day to day.

Consider: I got 3 years through engineering school, and got bored and got an English degree, instead. First job with my English degree was as a draftsman for a manufacturer of huge toys. Then onto hydraulics, then traveling computer tech, now in communications. Now, my biggest problem is that I get paid too much in my current endeavor to quit. I've been doing it for about 8 years, and it bores me to tears!

I'm glad to see that I'm not mentally ill!

Webby

Lazy doesn't seem so bad to me. The word itself sounds good with that long "a" sound, with the quality of savoring or lingering over something, like moving slowly or stretching slowly. It's nice to have lazy time in the midst of all our busyness.

Now "indolent" on the other hand has a different ring to it:
Merriam-Webster Definition 2a: averse to activity, effort, or movement : habitually lazy
This was the word some Spanish colonists applied to the Filipino natives.

Indolence seems to be a synonym to sloth, defined as: 1 a : disinclination to action or labor : INDOLENCE b : spiritual apathy and inactivity <the deadly sin of sloth>

Hmmm...so being lazy in general doesn't seem to be a sin, just when it is applied to one's spiritual habits...not that I'm a practicing Catholic anymore but I put it forth in case others are feeling guilty about being habitually lazy.

Sloth, of course, is also a cute mammal, which I vote to be the FIRE mascot.

ISTJ, and definately lazy unless it interests me. I tend to be pretty motivated/dutiful if I feel like I have a responsibility towards something or someone, even if I am not all that interested in the resulting task.

INTP. I had to go take an on-line inventory since I couldn't remember what I was. The Office Space guy was my hero.

Another INTJ here. Add me into the group of those who is only motivated if it interests them. I force myself not to be lazy every day at work. I am not sure if I a totally lazy or just disinterested.

INTJ here, but the last thing I would ever want to be called is lazy.

I may not be interested in everything I have to do, but that doesn't mean I don't have to do it.

INTP or on some days ENTP. Glad to know there are a lot of us either ER"d or looking to be.

saluki9 said:
INTJ here, but the last thing I would ever want to be called is lazy.

I may not be interested in everything I have to do, but that doesn't mean I don't have to do it.

You sound like my wife. She is the hardest working person on earth. Even if she hates a job, she works until she bleeds. I wish I was more like her. I work hard when I love a project, or I am over come with work. I have tons of respect for my wife, I just can't match her work ethic. I think in the end I have been a better bread winner simply because I out smart the system.

I feel a poll coming on.

ESTP for me.
Not lazy but would rather make my own schedule and do what I think is important. I enjoyed many things about my employment such as employee interaction, troubleshooting, the satisfaction of a job well done. But as I got older/wiser? or management got more chicken sh*t, the negatives began to outweigh the positives. SO I LEFT!
It's nice to be FI!

I say I'm lazy, but people around me don't necessarily see it that way....I tend to work very intensely and try to finish something - if I don't do that, then it will linger - not good - once I'm finished, it feels good, but I'm taking a break :) That counts for hobbies, too.

I'm so lazy I didn't even click on the link...I saw it was from here and I've been on this forum for a few years now - I'm sure I'd seen it before

As for Myers-Briggs - I forgot and it changes as you age. I seem to remember I was even across the board for the first three and way J.

Deserat

It seems that we have a disproportionate quantity of left-handers.

I'd do a poll but I'm too lazy to figure it out right now. :eek:

mclesters said:
INTJ sometimes, ISTJ others. Oh, and a lazy left-hander, but not an engineer!
Sarah
INTJ sometimes, ISTJ others, always ambidextrous, and always an engineer
tj

I have taken the MBTI tests several times over the years and usually fall into the ISTJ or INTJ category. My parents taught me to write with my right hand; but I am left handed in most other activities. I played baseball and softball a lot (still do) and a left handed thrower is considered a disadvantage at most key positions. I always made the team as an outfielder or 1st baseman. First base is the only position on the field where a lefty has the advantage.

I have noticed a lot of baseball / softball players who are ambidextrous. Astros' 2nd baseman Craig Biggio writes with his left hand; but throws and bats from the right side.

I have never considered myself lazy; but I have been called lazy, underachiever, and "slow" (whatever that means!). But the facts speak for themselves:

1. I enjoy being FIRED right now and consider it an accomplishment; not fate.
2. I worked a lot (and hard) for 35 years. Lazy people probably don't.
3. I am the only one of 3 siblings to complete a 4 year college education.

The evaluation of the ISTJ type says we like to blow our own horn! That's probably true, too. However, I don't think lazy fits me at all.

I took the test while I was working, but can't remember or find my type any place. I'm still not organzied. I am left handed and after retirement I am LAZY.

I don't know what INTJ means, but it sounds like it fits. No kids, few responsibilites outside work. It's not so much that I'm lazy. It's just that I don't feel the obligation to do anything I don't want to do. And I'm left-handed. Gozzie

Back
Top Bottom