Is this really a "wealth" seminar?

bclover

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So I'm coming home today, riding along I-95 and I see a billboard advertising a "wealth and empowerment" seminar.

The speakers...

Tony Robbins
Les Brown
Nick Foles
and Gary Vaynerkchuk.

I never even heard of Gary.

The prices range from 75.00 bucks to 1500 dollars. Here's the thing not one of these folks would I consider some type of financial guru.

I mean I'm from Philly so Nick is pretty popular fella but that's for football.

I've tried to decipher how these things work and from what I can tell, the "headliners" such as Robbins give rah-rah motivational speeches and there's a whole exhibition hall of people willing to "empower" you by investing your money, teaching you to flip houses, selling you a business franchise, etc. Higher prices may mean special access to the celebrities- maybe a meet-and-greet reception, for example.

Not my thing, so haven't been to one.

I've tried to decipher how these things work and from what I can tell, the "headliners" such as Robbins give rah-rah motivational speeches and there's a whole exhibition hall of people willing to "empower" you by investing your money, teaching you to flip houses, selling you a business franchise, etc. Higher prices may mean special access to the celebrities- maybe a meet-and-greet reception, for example.

Not my thing, so haven't been to one.

I know that Robbins espouses low cost fund fees, so one good thing but that's about it. People on this site are way ahead of him.:cool:

Yes, it is definitely a wealth seminar - for whoever gets the $75 - $1,500 fees.

Yep, that was the first thing that went through my mind . . .

If only you could just get the printed material and take the food to go !

The problem is that the only printed material they hand out is a form to fill out for a "free" retirement assessment.:D

Don't ask me how I know. :facepalm:

You guys are too funny. Love the responses.

Just think, if you paid $1500 to attend, one day you might be able to retire.

I've never understood the appeal of Tony Robbins, and as for the others, I didn't even know any of them were in the huckster game. What a racket. None for me thanks.

Last edited:
Nor would I. My first job out of college, before the Real Job, was as administrative assistant to a group of "professionals" who gave rah-rah seminars to help struggling chiropractors [-]puff themselves up[/-] improve their self-image and (one hoped) make more money. I saw everything from the inside. It was such arrant BS that even naive little Amethyst saw right through it, but people were paying big money to attend, and feel like they were part of some special group receiving magic revelations.

I have since attended (as a guest or other free arrangement) other types of self-help seminars. No matter the knowledge domain, they are all the same. They, not you, rake in the $$.

+1
Would never pay 1 cent for these things.:nonono:

Probably his own wealth advisor scheduled him into this for a nice speaking fee!

-BB

I agree except it's probably an appearance fee. Coming off a Big Game win for Eagle fans, what better way to draw the public to an event?

Pay to hangout and listen to c-listers speak. No thanks. Besides, from what I understand ER.org is completely free and you'll learn all you need to.

Something tells me these people who do pay either lack discipline, are getting comped tickets or are fools.

So I'm coming home today, riding along I-95 and I see a billboard advertising a "wealth and empowerment" seminar.

The speakers...

Tony Robbins
Les Brown
Nick Foles
and Gary Vaynerkchuk.

The prices range from 75.00 bucks to 1500 dollars. Here's the thing not one of these folks would I consider some type of financial guru.

Four out of five people are enriched by this encounter. :D

The speakers...

Tony Robbins
Les Brown
Nick Foles
and Gary Vaynerkchuk.

I do not know anything about any of the speakers, but it sounds like "wealth and empowerment" seminar all right.

It's wealth and empowerment for the speakers and organizers.

I’ve got a friend who’s a big Tony Robbins disciple and attended “wealth mastery.” Now virtually all her millions are in a whole life insurance policy. I think you could get that kind of financial advice for just an arm...no need to also pay a leg.

You know I attended one of these things 20 years ago. It had a positive influence on me. Not because I bought their stories, however many did, because I started reading and listening to smarter people. Not these folks.

You know I attended one of these things 20 years ago. It had a positive influence on me. Not because I bought their stories, however many did, because I started reading and listening to smarter people. Not these folks.

That is a really good point. Open the mind to other ideas, and more will follow.

But as an old timer once said to me (probably stolen from another source): It is OK to have an open mind, just don't open it so far your brain falls out.

Back
Top Bottom