Just got a new Fidelity Brokerage account. Not able to link it to my credit union at

Evee

Dryer sheet wannabe
the credit union web site. Should I give it a week or two? Maybe it is to new? Any advice?

Our Fidelity accounts won't link to our credit union either (CU is Meriwest). Apparently the CU doesn't participate in some banking system that allows them to verify account ownership. I had a similar problem when trying to connect a Chase account to the same CU. When I called Chase they offered to set up a 3-way call with the CU to verify the info, but I didn't bother.

What I ended up doing instead was setting up the connections from the CU side. The CU made two tiny deposits into the other accounts and I verified those amounts and from then on I can move money both ways, I just have to initiate it from the CU website instead of the Fido or Chase sites.

I always set up links from Fidelity. It generally works better to initiate transfers either direction from Fidelity anyway - fewer limits and probably faster. I’ve linked Fidelity to several credit unions - no problem.

I always set up links from Fidelity. It generally works better to initiate transfers either direction from Fidelity anyway - fewer limits and probably faster. I’ve linked Fidelity to several credit unions - no problem.

+1 Same here. Try it from the Fidelity end.

I need to set it up on the credit union side to auto pay a credit card there.

Setting transfers up on the credit union side has nothing to do with paying a bill there.

If you need to pay a bill at the credit union just make sure to transfer adequate funds from Fidelity ahead of time. Autopay same.

I found it easy to set up ACH transfers between Fidelity and my CU. However, Fidelity was never able to connect my CU to full view. I even had their tech guys try without success.

I linked my Fidelity accounts to my CU from the Fidelity website. It is a wire transfer. No cost on either side.

My daughter had difficulty because her Fidelity account was in her name only and her CU account was joint. Are both of your accounts individual?

I linked my Fidelity accounts to my CU from the Fidelity website. It is a wire transfer. No cost on either side.

Are you sure? These links are for ACH transfers. Wire transfer is a different animal and is generally requires a setup each time. I suspect most CUs would not charge for incoming wires but charge for outgoing. Fidelity doesn’t charge.

Are you sure? These links are for ACH transfers. Wire transfer is a different animal and is generally requires a setup each time. I suspect most CUs would not charge for incoming wires but charge for outgoing. Fidelity doesn’t charge.

Absolutely positive, been using it for years.

I linked my Fidelity cash management account to my CU checking account and CU credit card.

I’ve had difficulty with ACH transfers with a small credit union. As an alternative, you might want to setup a savings account with a large online bank such as Discover or CapitalOne and use the new account with Fidelity.

It sound like you're trying to originate the transaction at the credit union? FWIW, I linked my bank and my credit union on Fidelities web site (to my brokerage account) and originate everything from Fidelity and it works with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom