Just received 2022 tax refund!

Tom57

Recycles dryer sheets
The IRS did something right! 2022 1040 was filed on 1/23/2023, accepted by IRS on 1/24/2023 and a refund was deposited in my checking account today 1/31/2023. Used Turbo Tax which was free for filing. Vanguard issued our 1099-Div on 1/23/2023. Earliest refund date ever.

Nice! I am still waiting on my K1 Worksheet which has now been pushed out to 2/9 from 2/2. BUT...I did file both my business returns transmitted on 1/22 and accepted on 1/24 like yours. So here is hoping that ACH hits my bank this week!

I'm jealous. I'm expecting a significant refund this year-bad planning?

Schwab says I'll get my 1099 when I get it! Ok they didn't say that-02/17.

I'm jealous. I'm expecting a significant refund this year-bad planning?

Schwab says I'll get my 1099 when I get it! Ok they didn't say that-02/17.

maybe you're the upteenth person who asked. still, no excuse for rudeness.

Oh, took me a while - it was Schwab who was rude, but not really as they actually said 2/17.

... Schwab says I'll get my 1099 when I get it! Ok they didn't say that-02/17.
maybe you're the upteenth person who asked. still, no excuse for rudeness.
Did you actually ask, Guamaniac, or just see it on the website? It's easy to find. I found enough info in my December 2022 stmt to know I'm getting a 4 digit refund [emoji857]

I never have all my info until about mid-late Feb.

For the last two years, about five weeks after I file my return electronically I get a form letter from the IRS ordering me to mail them hard copies of all tax paperwork reflected in my return. About two weeks after doing this my refund appears in full in my checking account. What else can I think except that they are intentionally stalling my refund? Neither time did they challenge the return amount.

For the last two years, about five weeks after I file my return electronically I get a form letter from the IRS ordering me to mail them hard copies of all tax paperwork reflected in my return.
"Excessive" deductions? I've never had the IRS request anything, but my state did correct my return once and sent me an additional refund!

The IRS did something right! 2022 1040 was filed on 1/23/2023, accepted by IRS on 1/24/2023 and a refund was deposited in my checking account today 1/31/2023. Used Turbo Tax which was free for filing. Vanguard issued our 1099-Div on 1/23/2023. Earliest refund date ever.

Turbo tax charged you ZERO (for you to prepare your tax return) or ZERO to file your tax return electronically?

I recently prepared my son's taxes on-line with Turbo tax and they charged $78 to prepare the tax return but I was able to file for free. I thought the $78 was high.

Mike

For the last two years, about five weeks after I file my return electronically I get a form letter from the IRS ordering me to mail them hard copies of all tax paperwork reflected in my return. About two weeks after doing this my refund appears in full in my checking account. What else can I think except that they are intentionally stalling my refund? Neither time did they challenge the return amount.

I've expected for years to get such an order but so far, only some minor corrections (both ways - their favor or mine.) We have a lot of charity deductions and I would think that would raise flags - but so far, we've been consistent which might be why they accept our figures. Also, the fact that we use a CPA may be involved but I don't really know. When the IRS gets another 80+ thousand auditors, I'll assume they'll bounce us to prove our deductions - which we can do. YMMV

Still waiting on Tinker CU and Fido 1099. Tinker told me they mailed them 1/31/23 and usually takes 7-10 in mail. I told them i didnt know pony express was still an option. Fido not ready till after 2/11/23. NO big hurry with Roth conversions will be a pay year,

Turbo tax charged you ZERO (for you to prepare your tax return) or ZERO to file your tax return electronically?

I recently prepared my son's taxes on-line with Turbo tax and they charged $78 to prepare the tax return but I was able to file for free. I thought the $78 was high.

Mike

TT charged me zero to prepare my federal tax return and zero to file my federal tax return electronically. I live in Nevada so there is no state income tax and thus no state income tax return. I have used Turbo Tax at zero cost for several years now. Before TT, I used another free tax return preparation and filing service online that I had found on the IRS website. I agree with you that paying TT $78 for your son's tax return was high.

If we’re due a refund I apply it to the next years taxes, my April quarterly will be met.

We're actually still waiting for 2 tax documents. Had to call to bounce them about it. IIRC we see the CPA in early March. No early refund for us.

I always invest my refund if any, into my new favorite stock.

We always apply our income tax refund to our property taxes. We're expecting around $2400 back this year, which should cover about half of our $5K property tax.

My wife's employer was a bit slow sending out W2's this year, so we weren't able to file until Feb 1st. I doubt we'll see the money in our bank before March.

I could check the exact timeframe, but I'm too lazy to do so. But, I remember last year I got a very quick refund. We just eFiled a few days ago, and getting a small refund.
I suspect it will be similarly quick.

Last FIDO form due 2/11. Still fighting with FIDO regarding my "free" version of TurboTax; my Private Client Group Rep's name dropped off and been trying to get it fixed. Simple question (in case FIDO does not come through on free copy): All I have is 1099-R (IRA distribution well above cutoff for free filing), 1099-DIV (including qualified dividends), and 1099-INT; I did not sell anything this year. Can I use Deluxe instead of Premiere?

thanks,

Marc

...All I have is 1099-R (IRA distribution well above cutoff for free filing), 1099-DIV (including qualified dividends), and 1099-INT; I did not sell anything this year. Can I use Deluxe instead of Premiere?

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom