Keeping up with the.....editors?

MooreBonds

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just read an interesting article about the excesses that editors enjoyed in the (former) glory days of publishing that made me incredulous:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...he-top-perks-of-conde-nast-editors-2018-07-16

Article outlines some of the insanely generous perks that editors enjoyed (and even a few perks that the rank-and-file got). Forget the Jonses - the editors are the jet-set to really emulate!

Part of me even pities those that got used to such lavish perks, and then had to move on to other jobs/retire. Wait a minute....nah, was just some indigestion. No I don't. :)

I wonder how they were able to succeed in writing these off as expenses? I guess as long as the IRS doesn't audit them and look closely? Although, with confessions like these....

I think that once upon a time business expenses (perks) were extremely lavish in many industries.

Heck, it is not just editors that get these kind of perks... high level at almost any big company has similar or even better...

Nothing to see here IMO...

You oughta see the perks given out and taken in privately held companies. These perks the editors got would be small potatoes in comparison. :D

Check it out - I'm a major player too!

I hadn't understood how much of a big shot I must be. Even now I still get perks like these in my (nearing-the-endpoint-at-last) j*b.

My clothing allowance alone must be in the hundreds of dollars. Why, my employer gives me a free set of steel-toed shoes every year! They launder my flame-resistant coveralls at no charge. Plus all the safety glasses and ear plugs I can handle, all on the company dime.

Yep, I'm living la vida loca!

It's gonna be rough giving all that up.

Telling from the article:
The June/July issue of Glamour is said, according to multiple sources, to have sold around 20,000 newsstand copies; in 2010, Glamour averaged more than half a million monthly.

Conde Nast appears to be privately owned.

Heck, it is not just editors that get these kind of perks... high level at almost any big company has similar or even better...

Nothing to see here IMO...
True. An in-office fridge? Pffft!

Won't get into many of the perks I received in my heyday but one in particular was a fully paid 4 bedroom 2 bath apartment in downtown Paris.

True. An in-office fridge? Pffft!

Won't get into many of the perks I received in my heyday but one in particular was a fully paid 4 bedroom 2 bath apartment in downtown Paris.

This sounds like fun! (remembering old company perks!).

Check my new thread on this.:D

Back
Top Bottom