Late federal refund?

IRS says they didn’t get our return. We had to paper file and I decided not to pay extra for tracking.

I received emails on February 23rd stating my federal return was accepted, and my refund was "on the way" (per H&R Block). I checked again today... still nothing in my bank account, and irs.gov says my return is still being processed.

I understand with Covid, stimulus checks, etc they are behind on many returns. Has anyone else had theirs delayed this long (six weeks)?

NO Got mine in usual time

2 yrs in a row had problems with my state return after looking into it turns out after the "on the way" email they run a check against my address and there was an error so my money just stat there in limbo. so it could be a problem would def contact IRS Good luck

IRS says they didn’t get our return. We had to paper file and I decided not to pay extra for tracking.

I still can't get any info on my federal return. I filed by paper in mid May.

The state site shows they received my state return, mailed the same day as my federal, but it's still processing.

This week the IRS approved our tax return filed 4/15 and refund of 13k.

Well if you can't prove that it was received, you'll likely be filing late with interest and penalties.

after filing an amended return in September of 2020 for 2019 taxes I finally got a refund this week. Took a while but at least they paid me some interest.

Well if you can't prove that it was received, you'll likely be filing late with interest and penalties.

I cannot prove it was received, but they did send letter implying it was received before the letter saying it wasn’t! I don’t think there’s any interest or penalties since I am due a refund (unless they choose to ignore documentation showing IRA funds were transferred and NOT distributed).

It was dumb for me to file paper return with no tracking. That won’t happen again. I could not efile due to the bank’s erroneous 1099.

Progress! Mailed my paper return in mid-April. IRS website finally says my return is being processed.

I e-filed our simple standard deduction form April 17. IRS acknowledged receipt and status was “processing” or something like that until this morning, hallelujah! I now have a date of August 18 for the bank deposit (plus $2.03 interest!) Interestingly on April 17 I mailed my FILs paper return and his refund came in the mail less than a month later. No rhyme or reason.

Filed paper return on 4/14. No info whatsoever on the IRS website as to status.

Surprise! We received a check yesterday, dated 8/10. So, nearly 4 months to process the return this year.

_B

This was the first year I was able to convince the wife to e-file and it sounds like we dodged a bullet, this thread indicates paper filers are at the back of the line. However, e-filing led to a new adventure...

Our CPA showed us a draft back in April, but it had errors and she filed an extension so everything was due in mid June. She was then very unresponsive and we were still going back and forth with her until 48 hours before the extended deadline, when she finally got it right and we e-signed. I sighed in relief, stood up, walked to the mailbox and there was my refund check!

Magic?

No, just incompetence. Our (now ex) CPA had filed the early draft, with errors, back in April without our consent or signature. Fortunately the errors were in the backup stuff like 8606's that didn't affect the refund, took her another month to fix those. So next year I will just use TurboTax or whatever and do it myself, certainly less aggravation.

Back
Top Bottom