Lifestrategy Moderate Growth

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hmmmm...sitting here trying to find my beginning info on this fund. Might have to wait until Monday to call Vanguard. I am wondering if someone can explain the gains on this fund to me. Iffffff I remember correctly, I put $53K in a Roth transferred from EJones in Sept 2012. It is now up to $58K. Looking at this years fiscal info ending 31 Oct. The fund has gone up 14+% for this last year. If you take $53K plus 14% it would be over $60K....what am I missing? And....screwed up and called it Lifestyle instead of Lifestrategy.....poop.

Last edited:
I can't answer your question, but I fixed the thread title for you :)

I'm not going to do the math based on your memory of the purchase cost and a non-exact date, but if you didn't reinvest dividends it looks more like a 10% gain which would put 58K in line with the prices. The rest of the gain went into wherever your dividends are swept to.

Dividends should just get put back in. But...like you said....I have inexact data (my memory....which sucks). I was going to call Vanguard anyway....now I NEED to call them to straighten a couple of things out. Might start up the new Roth into Dividend Growth instead....need to figure that one out today. Need to make some changes to my TSP as well since I am going to get out of the F fund and bump up my G fund a bit.

I have moved almost all of my retirement equity to this fund after verifying that its AA is viritually what I had contructed myself using the usual Vg index funds. It has made bookkeeping a snap and has virtually eliminated manual rebalancing.

I have no problem with its returns, given its 60:40 allocation.

I have moved almost all of my retirement equity to this fund after verifying that its AA is viritually what I had contructed myself using the usual Vg index funds. It has made bookkeeping a snap and has virtually eliminated manual rebalancing.

I have no problem with its returns, given its 60:40 allocation.

This was why I put the Roth in there last year....seems as good a place as any. Although I am twitchy leery of bonds right now....as I said earlier, might stick my TSP money into Dividend Growth instead. But I have until tomorrow (actually a number of days) before I have to decide.....have some cash I need to throw in to the Dividend Growth as well. Twitch....twitch....

Since it is a Roth you only need the cost basis for bragging rights No gain on sale computation.
I will say that Fidelity gives a better historic record then Vanguard.
But Vanguard is where most of my taxable and rollover IRA money stays.

My Roth is in VBIAX which is also 60/40. I too am Leary of bonds but have to hold some somewhere. My TSP is 40% G fund, no F. Wife holds mostly Wellesley. Probably a better way to invest but this has worked for us.

Back
Top Bottom