List of items that have a 'Negative Inflation' over the past year...........

WRBT,

Yeah, me!

I love Forth, but am not sharp any more. Have a few as-yet not completed personal projects in Forth hanging out there. Needed a good double-precision floating point package for scientific work.

Someday. :p

Ed

I stand corrected on the P in RPN - thanks also for the .exe rpn calculator - that will now be my default :)

Deserat

I worked in Forth for a few years, back in about 1982. Even had the bumper sticker:

Forth [heart] if honk then

I feel outta the loop referring back to the original post .
If you shop at the tires plus site they have coupons on their website.
http://www.tiresplus.com/specials_home.jsp
The same with the other guys tire kingdom.
http://www.tirekingdom.com/specialOffers.do
I think its pretty cool that I can google most items and find them cheaper online then looking in the stores. Plus many sites have coupons available.
Then theres the entertainment book .

As long as you dont want the cutting edge in computers or tv/stereo there are some great deals.

I think everything electronic has gone down in price for equivalent functionality over the years.

No one mentioned cell phones. Per minute charges are definitely down.

What about online music - you don't need to buy a whole CD (or LP for those of us who remember them!) for a couple of good songs

Email - no postage stamps required.

Publishing on the web - can you imagine what it would cost to publish your thoughts (think blog) before the internet?

hybrid cars. I read someplace that a honda accord hybrid gives you some 45 miles a gallon.

And things that technology is making obsolete?
- not many people walk around with pagers anymore
- wireline phones seem to be on the decline
- why do I need a wrist watch when my cell phone tells me the right time all the time?

- income tax
- captial gains tax
- tax on stock dividends.

.. this has gotten me in a good mood. Will last till I watch the news!

I dont actually buy the tires online. I just bring in the coupons that you can print online.
Discounts on oil changes, tires and other services.
www.keycodes.com also has some good deals
I was just reading how if you buy your tv at costco you can later return it. Then purchase the better model at the new lower cost. Its kinda tempting since the lcd's are much cheaper today .

Walkinwood said:
No one mentioned cell phones. Per minute charges are definitely down.

Remember how much long distance calls, especially international ones, cost pre-Internet? :)

Back
Top Bottom