Living circumstances

Which describes your living circumstances?

• I live by myself and pay no rent or mortgage P&I.

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • I live by myself and do pay rent or mortgage P&I.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • I live with someone else and we pay no rent or mortgage P&I.

Votes: 72 42.1%
  • I live with someone else and we do pay rent or mortgage P&I.

Votes: 57 33.3%
  • I find the above choices unclear, or I just don't fit in these categories.

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
Do you live in a paid off home of your own?

Does your household consist of one person (just you), or do you live with someone else?

Yes I live in a paid off home.
I live with my DW & 16 yr old son

Thanks

Thankfully, DW, DD(og) and I were paid off in 2007...so I guess we'll get no bailout.

My 2 20 somethings live with me for nominal rent and chores. Both should successfully launch within the next 24 months into grad school and home ownership. My goals include paying off the last 100K of the mortgage within the next 24 months depending on Mr Markets and my after tax nest-egg.

Oh crap, I forgot about the dog.:)

img_740938_0_251c199b6023189b5e09004ffb41c875.gif

1 person
1 cat
small paid for house

household of 2, plus 2 cats. Still paying a mortgage, though we could write a check today and pay off the house completely. But I guess I am one of those crazy people who prefer to keep paying a mortgage! First, it's a not a house we plan on staying in for ever. And second, I hate the thought of having all that money locked up in such an illiquid asset.

Wow - are we getting poll crazy these days or what!?

No matter - I usually participate if I can figure out my answer.

Audrey

Wow - are we getting poll crazy these days or what!?

No matter - I usually participate if I can figure out my answer.

Audrey

I know... two polls!! Will wonders never cease. But I happen to adore polls and thought Rich's poll was a great idea, so I played copycat.

I even put in a category for those who can't figure out their answers, to make it easier for everyone.

I fall in the first category, and so far only 25% of the board is in that category with me. Maybe that's why people think I don't spend much. I don't really feel like I am deprived.

My partner and I own a paid for house, but we are currently renting a townhouse. It's been on the market since the end of May, we coudn't have picked a worse time to sell. Our lease will be up in March, so we'll have to decide what we are going to do then. We may move back (it's about 35 miles away) and live in it while trying to sell.

I'm sure if we had put it on the market a year earlier it would have sold quickly.

me, 2 cats, paid for coop apt.

ta,
mews

[my cats would never lower themselves to think they were people. ick! ]

DW & I paid off the mortgage in 2003 at age 38. Argue all you want about the benefits, this was hands down, the best thing we have ever accomplished financially. Currently, our saving (or spending>:D) potential is awesome.

my cats would never lower themselves to think they were people. ick! ]
:D
So true! I think my cats think they are FAR superior to any human! In their own mind they are next to godliness! Looks like they haven't yet forgotten the quasi-divine status they held in ancient Egypt!

We often joke that this is not our house. It's the cats' house. We're just here to pay the mortgage and attend to their every need...

Two of us, dog is dead and kids are grown up and far away on their own. Mortgage of about $100K @ 4.625% interest. Won't pay that one off early unless we decide to sell and move.

We paid off our house in 2000. 6 cats (had 8-lost two this year) no kids.

Just me and the dog in a paid for house.

Back
Top Bottom