LLC Solo 401k/profit-sharing

Legally_dead

Recycles dryer sheets
I have a few questions regarding solo 401k/profit sharing in the context of a multi-member, member managed LLC. Hoping a few of you small business owners can help me out or point me to another resources.

First, if three members of the LLC work for the company and receive guaranteed payments, can each of those members set up their own solo401k/profit sharing? Would they all be on the same plan or their own plans?

Second, assuming that all three members are allowed to contribute to solo401k/profit sharing, are they each able to contribute different amounts or does the contribution have to be the same for all of them? Said another way, could one of the three max out the profit sharing piece and the other two contribute nothing to profit sharing.

I appreciate the help. If there are any questions that would help you formulate your thoughts, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Won't pretend to know, so here is one link to Vanguards, it may answer a question or two:
https://investor.vanguard.com/what-we-offer/small-business/individual-401k

From my reading:
If eligible, which might be true and is a surprise to me, it suggests the company 25% contribution is limited to $53K per "employee"
Plus of course each "employee" can contribute to the IRS limits.

Back
Top Bottom