lol, I'm rich!!

bclover

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So anyone remember those coinstar machines that were everywhere a few years back? well evidently a few banks including mine (TD bank) were sued because the machines were not counting correctly.
I just got my class action suit payment, a grand total of.......

26 cents. It's all mine

So anyone remember those coinstar machines that were everywhere a few years back? well evidently a few banks including mine (TD bank) were sued because the machines were not counting correctly.

26 cents. It's all mine

Congratulations on the windfall. Do that 3 more times & you might have enough for a McChicken @ McDonalds :LOL:

Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds!

If you invest your (2shillings and) tuppence

Wisely in the bank
Safe and sound
Soon that tuppence,
Safely invested in the bank,
Will compound...

Another one of those lawsuits designed to enrich the lawyers and the end result is this free service was taken away.

Coinstar has always charged a retail fee and is still widely available.

I remember them, but never used one! When I was cleaning out my mom's house in February, we came across coins in virtually every room in the house. After my wife spent hours rolling several hundred dollars (weighing more than 20 pounds), I took them to Bank of America, and cashed them in, but we had run out of wrappers. They said, oh, you don't have to roll them, we'll just put them in a plastic bag and send them to San Francisco for counting, and they'll be credited to your account...no charge!

26 cents. It's all mine

So did they pay 1st class postage to mail you a check?
I hope you didn't have to jump through too many hoops to get your settlement.

Welcome to the world of Class Action suits, the ONLY people that ever benefit are the Lawyers..... which is why they love them.

Then I must be the Warren Buffett of class action windfalls. Apparently 23 & Me, the company that discerns your ancestry from a saliva sample, was sued for something or other, and the upshot is I received a check for $12.50.

Welcome to the world of Class Action suits, the ONLY people that ever benefit are the Lawyers..... which is why they love them.

I was looking at the results of a class action suit. $2500 for each of the primary Plaintiffs. $500,000 to be distributed in accordance with the terms of the agreement. $210,000 to the lawyers.

Class action suits are a way to stop behavior that otherwise would continue unabated, and often the only option for consumers. The benefit is the settlement together with the change in business practice.

I ve had a few of these for stocks that I bought. Fair amount of effort to dig up docs for proof of claim. I did get paid twice. One was about 30 bucks I think but the other was about 250. I had done the math on what the claim was supposed to pay but the lawyers get paid first and sometimes there are too many claimants so I got 30 cents on the dollar. I already had the money spent!

Save it and frame it.

I received an Army payroll check for "exactly 2 cents" back in the '80s after they reconciled some travel and allowance discrepancies

It's under glass along side my commission. I just couldn't bring myself to cash it. A lot of laughs along the way.:LOL:

_B

I just got back ten bucks from the class action suit for overcharging for diamonds. And I thought that was paltry.

So did they pay 1st class postage to mail you a check?
I hope you didn't have to jump through too many hoops to get your settlement.

lol I didn't even know there WAS a suit, the 26 cent will go into my td account.

We use coinstar every couple of rears at our local grocery store. If we use the ticket when paying for groceries, the full amount is applied to our grocery bill (no coinstar fees deducted). If I receive my 26 cent settlement, I can buy a dressing packet for my salad (.25 for the dressing and .01 tax). I feel like Bernie Madoff.:dance: (before he got caught).

lol I didn't even know there WAS a suit, the 26 cent will go into my td account.

Dang, I got a notice from a ticketmaster settlement that I hadn't heard about but I blew it off. It was a $2.50 credit towards a future purchase so 10X your windfall (provided I give them more business)!

I remember being part of a class action suit against the airlines back in the early 1990s stemming from some illegal overcharging for tickets on flights taken in the late 1980s (back when I flew a lot). All we got were some $25 vouchers for future flights which had so many conditions and exclusions that they weren't worth the paper they were printed on.

The best class action lawsuit direct compensation I received was from one against a mutual fund company where I had funds at one point but had since closed. Apparently they were found to have not have correctly calculated some distributions and overcharged expenses for a couple of funds that I used to own. I received a check for over $300. I never had more than $10K invested with them.

I did benefit from the Saturn Vue transmission class action lawsuit, the transmission died after the settlement was reached, but before GM declared bankruptcy during the great recession and got out of paying further settlement claims. We received a new transmission for $800 that would have cost us $5000 otherwise.

Other than that, nothing but peanuts. I was notified that I was part of some class action lawsuit against Hertz for car rentals in Nevada, but the link to get updated status is dead. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom