Looks a lot like

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
My sentiments exactly. Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy, but I'm still looking for the bottom.

Go ahead REWahoo, you have my permission... :LOL:

I'm not gonna touch it... :-X

My sentiments exactly. Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy, but I'm still looking for the bottom.

Go ahead REWahoo, you have my permission... :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
I'm not gonna touch it... :-X

"Hey, I'm a bottom. Is that cash burning a hole in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Just trying to help.

Bpp

Hum, I keep thinking that all of the scare mongers talking about how the boomers are not prepared for retirement will result in a rush to buy mutual funds for the next decade as boomers try to catch up.

Nah. People have no money. They will hit the age when they are supposed to start thinking about retirement and they will look around and say . . . I can't afford to retire. I didn't save.

The answer to this will not be massive saving into mutual funds just prior to age 65. The reason it won't is these people don't have the wherewithal. They have a lifetime of spending habits that aren't going to turn around on a moment's notice. They will not change their lives and rein in spending. They will live as they always have. There is not going to be a massive mutual fund influx from them. They will just keep working, and they may or may not delay SS -- depending on if they understand the tax hit. If they delay it, SS's solvency (for me) is more likely.

There may be an mutual fund influx from illegals who become legal. That's possible. I am looking at Mexico investment options in this context but if they assume some kind of quasi legal status, odds are they will think in terms of US permanence and US mutual funds (not Mexican) will get some modest cash -- even though these people are low income.

No, I think the primary bullish possibility to retiring boomers is that the money taken from 401Ks (which are often sitting in a money market fund) is going to be spent on stuff and the stocks of the companies that make that stuff will benefit.

An interesting angle on some of the recent gyrations, esp as pertains to the FTSE.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article571737.ece

"Man Group, the world's largest quoted hedge fund manager, fuelled fears yesterday that some of its smaller competitors may be in serious trouble after revealing that some of its futures funds have made substantial losses this month.

The disclosure prompted speculation in the market that some smaller hedge funds may be suffering even greater losses and could be forced to unwind highly leveraged positions, causing share prices to spiral lower."

Ha

HaHa said:
An interesting angle on some of the recent gyrations, esp as pertains to the FTSE.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article571737.ece

"Man Group, the world's largest quoted hedge fund manager, fuelled fears yesterday that some of its smaller competitors may be in serious trouble after revealing that some of its futures funds have made substantial losses this month.

The disclosure prompted speculation in the market that some smaller hedge funds may be suffering even greater losses and could be forced to unwind highly leveraged positions, causing share prices to spiral lower."

Ha

Possible, considering how many stupid people are running around with a lot of money in their hands. But not all that likely.

Back
Top Bottom